13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

*hugs amazon*

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Here's the Best Buy camos. Nothing to special but I'm a sucker for customizing.

Multiplayer Homefront videos and info. - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHd6_tSaSEcvO6MxtBAaINBk4YzhbICFdXKu1Ei4MicjhqrfwMqAMultiplayer Homefront videos and info. - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCG1r1iBLvG7fHd-073R4PWevaTWhszMlZl_DGbEKRIxBlEP2StQ
Multiplayer Homefront videos and info. - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTY8zLUzmOiG2T6wpTOMDtEKX9i9DNwvHP-R9XYSNZlZ4Wm_jYd

Edit: Actually I really like the Jigsaw one.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Now I feel ok about not getting the best buy deal.. None of those are looking really AWESOME to me. I think I would rather have the gun. Plus somewhere maybe in one of the vids you posted I saw where you can ad ALOT of custome camos so I'm not to worried about these 3.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

i can get it for -£10

FUCK YEAH AMAZON GIFTCARD!!!!

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I agree. I don't like how the GS pre-order unlocks things for you though. I'd prefer the fun of unlocking it myself. Oh well.

You'll be jealous when you see me with the 870 shotty and that jigsaw camo though.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Le Frog wrote:i can get it for -£10

FUCK YEAH AMAZON GIFTCARD!!!!

You can get it for negative 10 pounds?

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Multiplayer Homefront videos and info. - Page 2 Homefront-NYC-Advertising

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

technically yes.

i have a £50 giftcard which was a present (£0 of my own money)
then the -£10 from the next game purchase.

i actually make/save money Razz

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Le Frog wrote:technically yes.

i have a £50 giftcard which was a present (£0 of my own money)
then the -£10 from the next game purchase.

i actually make/save money Razz

Nice!

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

yup.

so that will help with BF3 since if i use the giftcard for homefront i wont be able to use it for BF3.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

You have 9 months to save up for BF3.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Meh! I'll just shoot you and take your gun!!!! HAHA

You don;t have to use your early unlock till you actually unlock it.... With BFBC2 I got 2 codes. 1 for the early unlock AK74U and 1 for the early access to squad rush..... Might be the same and you could use the shotty code and not the early unlock code.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Jerry Lundegaard wrote:Well shit if everyones getting it, ill be forced lol. I just got Two Worlds 2(fun as hell fyi), MvC3, got Dragon Age, Mlb2k12 and now homefront. Geez im gonna be poor Smile

Man, too many games!
I wouldn't say every bodies getting it. Sounds like just a few of us so far.

If it is awesome though you can bet DL and I will let you guys know.

EDIT: DL I just now noticed that you posted the times square ad before me. Oops.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Well DL, I pre-ordered mine today at GS and Best Buy so I can mix the goodies!
And here's some single player footage showing the 870 shotgun.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OlZXK1uQe3U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TexasMace

TexasMace

You guys have got me pretty excited about this so I think I'll get it even though the wife didn't like the idea. HEEHEE!

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Here's a link (with pics) on how vehicle armor/defense works.
http://community.homefront-game.com/forums/topic/1888

Copters have a flare system. Some vehicles fire ant-missile missiles and
It actually matters where you hit vehicles. I like this.

For the driver of the tank, there is a HUD display that corresponds with the level of damage the vehicle has taken in any given area – green for full armor, yellow for damaged armor and flashing red for a completely exposed weak spot. For the attacker, the damage is displayed artistically with explosions, smoke, fire and visual mesh changes so that the attacker always knows where the weakest part of the vehicle is exposed. The medium armored and heavy armored vehicles use the over armor system as a ‘shield’ of sorts as the side panels on these vehicles absorb all the initial damage from an attacker leaving the armor destroyed but the vehicle with full health. Don’t worry, the entire vehicle is not armored and it is up to the driver to use this to his advantage as best he/she can. It’s also up to the attacker to exploit the vehicle’s weaknesses to the best of their ability. This really creates dynamic vehicle versus vehicle battles and vehicle versus infantry battles as it becomes tactically important to jockey for position for both attacking and protecting the vehicles.

In conclusion one might think, ZOMG!? THE VEHICLES ARE SO OP! … well, don’t fret! Vehicles are meant, by design, to be powerful in Homefront. They are expensive, hard to get and difficult to keep alive and as such SHOULD be powerful and have extra features to help them not go down like they are made of paper. Our vehicles are strong, feel strong and have a ‘weightiness’ to them that makes them a treat to control and a prize to strive for in game.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

The limited edition should come with this Parrot Drone they had at an event.
To bad it doesn't have an airsoft machine gun built in.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L5WSFHrrd8Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Some Dev comments:

Speaking of evolving, that brings me to the next point – since the line on the map moves, the game stays new & fresh while the match develops. So, if you’re in a wide open area good for tanks & snipers (grrr!), when the Round is over the map shifts to a new area with completely different site lines and cover points. So, that campy sniper will now have to deal with close quarters run ‘n gunners & drones galore, serves him right dammit! Very Happy

There’s no “I” in Team, only “me” & fortunately in Homefront, if you complete “me” behaviors to earn Battle Points, chances are you’re helping the team win. Capping objectives, saving teammates, blowing up vehicles, & defending objectives, they all promote teamplay and lead to checkmarks in the all-important Win column. No more “I guy” hiding in a corner, waiting for a killstreak to surface while giving the big middle finger to the fellas going after objectives. Kiss that notion goodbye

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Weird Homefront/OnLive promotion:

FIRST PERSON SHOOTERNEWS
Pre-Order Homefront for OnLive, Get OnLive System Free
FEBRUARY 26, 2011

That’s right, in quite the irregular promotion, gamers who pre-order Homefront for OnLive get the system free and a copy of Metro 2033 (not inlcuding shipping and taxes).

Straight from the official site, here’s what the preorder Includes:

OnLive will immediately send you a Full PlayPass for instant access to Metro 2033 to hone your shooting skills.
The day Homefront launches, you’ll be able to get an OnLive Game System for just the cost of taxes and shipping so that you can start honing your skills on the big screen in the living room. A $99 value for free.

Im thinking of putting of Dragon Age 2 for this game for awhile. I get more.excites the more.info released.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Symbolic wrote:Im thinking of putting of Dragon Age 2 for this game for awhile. I get more.excites the more.info released.

Me too. I really like everything I'm hearing about the gameplay.
The only thing I'm really concerned about is how well balanced everything turns out.

Honestly a big reason ill be getting it day 1 is since so many of you guys are.getting it.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Well I can tell you DL and I are pretty damn excited for it.
Did you follow that tank/vehicle defense link I posted above?
Cool stuff.

Zillah

Zillah

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:Meh! I'll just shoot you and take your gun!!!! HAHA

You don;t have to use your early unlock till you actually unlock it.... With BFBC2 I got 2 codes. 1 for the early unlock AK74U and 1 for the early access to squad rush..... Might be the same and you could use the shotty code and not the early unlock code.

Wow, there was a code to unlock the ak74u early? "with this hear code you can get the worst gun in the game before anyone else!"

And I agree metal, from what I've seen in those quotes, the devs seem to have the right ideas. Looking forward to playing with all of you guys.

GS preorder came with the aks code

TheGM

TheGM

WRONG! ZILLAH WRONG! WRONG!

Launch AK-74su was a friggin Laser beam that would saw somebody in half at 200 yards.

That code changed the game for a time.

Zillah

Zillah

TheGM wrote:WRONG! ZILLAH WRONG! WRONG!

Launch AK-74su was a friggin Laser beam that would saw somebody in half at 200 yards.

That code changed the game for a time.

Noooo, I'm pretty sure that was the M60. Aks has always been a toy iirc

No zillah gm is right. It was nerfed pretty quickly.

Zillah

Zillah

Hmm, don't remember that, oh well. I hope the homefront devs can be as on the ball as DICE when it comes to nerfing/fixing things.

The aks was by far the best smg for the first month

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Lol i still have my unused Aks unlock code

I wish it unlocked alternate camo for the AKS like the one in the picture on the code which is Solid Black i think with Red tape on the Magazine

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

New Homefront ad, pretty cool.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/eTt2zv3Jwe0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/eTt2zv3Jwe0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Khfan60

Khfan60

NO, NOT THE MORMONS!!!!!

Zillah

Zillah

Marluxia wrote:NO, NOT THE MORMONS!!!!!

eh, i wont miss them, or their magic underwear.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

HAHA Metal!!!! You just had to have BOTH the camo's and the 870 eh! I've got my cash with me and will go and pre order it today on lunch.... I'm just going for 1 copy myself. I don't need the camos.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:HAHA Metal!!!! You just had to have BOTH the camo's and the 870 eh! I've got my cash with me and will go and pre order it today on lunch.... I'm just going for 1 copy myself. I don't need the camos.

Yeah, I couldn't resist. I'm only keeping one copy though, I'll return the other.
Now don't you forget to pre-order today DL.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Getting ready to leave in just a few minutes.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:Getting ready to leave in just a few minutes.

Cool. Pick me up a burger while you're out.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

HA. It will be cold by the time you get it..... Also I am going to stop by a place to get some drunken chicken from JGumbos. It's a place that has a bunch of New Orleans type dishes. Mmmmmmmmm It's right next to the Gamestop I go to.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

More info:

Battle Commander
- The Battle Commander itself is an AI that assigns certain star-based threat levels to all players in a BC match.
- At three killstreak you get an easy to see golden name above you
- The more kills you get after that alert the enemies of your postion via radar
- Until soon every enemy has your position
- You then get a permanent red diamond
- When you die it all resets
- You get bonuses if you have alot of skulls but the enemy team sees you as a threat
- If you're in a drone or vehicle etc you get bonuses catered to that vehicle/drone
- If your drone/vehicle dies your skulls go away

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Ok I am official now. I have preordered. Again from gamestop only no double dipping for DL.

Battle commander sounds sweet. there is a vid somewhere with one of the devolpers talking about it and It sounds like it would be a fun mode to play.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:Ok I am official now. I have preordered. Again from gamestop only no double dipping for DL.

Battle commander sounds sweet. there is a vid somewhere with one of the devolpers talking about it and It sounds like it would be a fun mode to play.

Yeah, I like the idea there. I kind of wish it wasn't a mode and that the game was always like that though. We'll see.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

THe gamestop guy said they have had alot of pre orders and they where doinf a midnight release. I as suprised because this location doesn;t always do alot of the midnight releases so I felt like this was a good sign that a fair amount of folks are getting this game.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:THe gamestop guy said they have had alot of pre orders and they where doinf a midnight release. I as suprised because this location doesn;t always do alot of the midnight releases so I felt like this was a good sign that a fair amount of folks are getting this game.

Good to hear. The one I went to had 2 big Homefront displays up, but didn't mention midnight release.

Duck

Duck

Is there any point to pre ordering besides random bonuses?

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I thought it was od because for COD Black Ops they didn;t have one. I am was suprised they didn;t do onr for BO but whatevs.

Not that I want to stay up ti midnight on a work night anyway.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Gamestop gives you an exclusive weapon the 870 shotgun, and Best buy gives you exclusive camos.

GS also has some early unlocks. SO if you don;t want the gun, or camos then no.

Duck

Duck

I always hear people saying they're gonna pre order this and pre order that but I don't see the advantage really. Maybe just to prove your loyalty to the game or something.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

THe only other game I preordered was BC2 because I LOVED the demo so friggin much. I preordered this because a I didn;t want to not have the cash on release and b because I want the shottie!

Duck

Duck

That too. Money management. I don't have to worry about that because I'm a damn miser and never spend money. My girl friend does not appreciate this fact about me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum