TexasMace
Zillah
DRGN LRD 1213
Metalzoic
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

chunckylover53

This game does seem kinda interesting.. But THQ needs to get their shit together their servers always SUCK ASS. I am not sure if the servers will be that great the first few weeks.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

chunckylover53 wrote:This game does seem kinda interesting.. But THQ needs to get their shit together their servers always SUCK ASS. I am not sure if the servers will be that great the first few weeks.

Typically THQ, EA etc... hire outside companies that specialize in server farms. I wouldn't be surprised if many of these companies are managing servers for EA in one room, Killzone in another etc...
At least that's my understanding of it.

I posted this in another Homefront thread here:
http://www.speakeasyclinic.com/t5673p20-1st-review-for-homefront-is-in

THQ and EA servers?
It's not like they're sitting in a closet at THQ.

They hire server farm companies all over the US and in other countries to house the code and provide the bandwidth and maintenance.

That's why there's a high cost with running dedicated servers (and keeping them up).

Here's a link to a podcast about dedicated servers.
http://thqinc.cachefly.net/homefront/audio/DComoCastmerged.mp3

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I saw someone post on facebook, so this is only a rumor at this point but the vehicles will all be used from a 3rd person point of view and you will not be able to use them from a 1st person point of view.

So far this is the only thing I have heard that I am not a fan of.... Not a deal breaker at all for me but I find it od they would not have a 1st person view.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

No you're right.
Only the PC version will have the 1st person view because it wasn't done by Kaos, it was done by the comany making the PC port.

It seems that when the Devs were asked about it they said they couldn't add it in for console because of the PS3's limited 256m of video ram and they want console versions to be equal.

Sucks too, because the cockpit graphics are really awesome looking. Hopefully we get luck y and it gets added in somehow.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

EEwwwwwww so the PS3 has limited us 360 owners! HEHE

I'm not too worried about it. The drones at least from what I have seen would probably be easier to control 3rd person. The helo's I would prefer to be first person! I am SUPER excited about flying the little bird! O yea! THe apache is a bad as chopper but Inna fly a little bird! I love when they make their runs in Blackhawk down!!!!!!!

LITTLE BIRD NNAAWWWWW!!!!!!!

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:EEwwwwwww so the PS3 has limited us 360 owners! HEHE

That's what I've seen mentioned several times in different places, but I haven't seen the actual twitter/post that supposedly said it. So take that as rumor.

Here's a link to some 1st person views.
http://community.homefront-game.com/forums/topic/2856

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

WHy are you taunting me with 1st person views......... =o/

Ante

Ante

Ugh, after watching these videos, I may get this... How many people from here are going to be playing it?

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:WHy are you taunting me with 1st person views......... =o/

I know... they look about 1000 times better than the BC2 1st person views. Oh well..

There's a thread about who's getting it so far in the arcade.

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Looks like BF with a CoDified class system, which I'm okay with. No idea when I'll get it though.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

DAY 1 buy for me!!!!!!!!!!! Well actually I already boguht it just have to wait for release to pick it up.

Still no word on bullet and gun physics?

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Nothing specific that I've seen. Beta testers on the forums seem to love it, but won't give any specifics on anything.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Damn those beta testers!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum