Frostbyrn
Symbolic
Dropped Da Soap
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

http://skyrim-cover.blogspot.com/2011/06/modification.html

In Oblivion, console players didn't get to enjoy the various mods that the PC-users made use of.

Everyone
will be happy to hear that modding will return, and that Bethesda will
provide a creation kit on the release date, so we can get right to it!

So
here I hold the answer to every console users most asked question:
There WILL be modding for Consoles! That's right! (Both the PS3 and the
Xbox360)

It will work like this, though: You create and download
mods on your PC, and then you, via a neat way (I think maybe created by
Bethesda,) transfer the mods to your console, and they should work just
fine.

So far, they do not have a security system, so be very
careful when you choose to transfer a mod to your console. There is
nothing stopping it from ruining the game and or the console. Todd
Howard stated that they think that the modding part of Skyrim is
important and that they WILL create some sort of security system, but it
won't be ready for the release.

Symbolic

Symbolic

Holy hell this is orgasmic news! Ill be back after I change my boxers.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Yay now i can Reskin Armor colors so they dont look shit Very Happy

TheGM

TheGM

As long as I get the Furry and naked androgynous models and with erect a penis and optional prince alberts like the PC Version, everything will be Ooooo-Kay.

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

i can finally smite people. this game is complete

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Is there a link for an actual news source on this besides someones blog?

There's no way MS or Sony will allow code to be transfered onto their system without security measures. Especially Sony right now.

If it is true then I'm sure the console will be pretty limited in what can be altered or changed.

Khfan60

Khfan60

Now I want this game even more.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Here are the only 2 official quotes I could find on it so don't get your hopes up guys. Especially with MS's stance on user created content on Xbox Live.

Todd Howard Bethesda wrote:"We have talked to Microsoft and Sony, and so there's a chance it might happen one day, [but] I don't see it happening [in time] for [launch]."

Todd Howard Bethesda wrote:""We'd like to see it happen," he said. "Because it works, it's how we made the game. I think it's something really cool about what we do, but 90% of our audience is on the consoles, so 90% of our audience can't even see this thing. So if we can solve that we'd like to."

EDIT: I just re-read the blog quote above again. Talk about mis-information...

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Here's another from just a few days ago. http://gamingbolt.com/skyrims-pc-version-will-look-better-console-mods-and-dlc-plans

Todd Howard Bethesda wrote:“We’ve always supported it and we want to continue to do it. But a lot of our audience is on the consoles so they’re not experiencing that. So we have talked to Microsoft and Sony, ‘how do we do this?”.

“There are still a lot of issues to solve with because these aren’t instances like a song or a car you know, you could download a mod that destroys your game and we can’t have that. So we’re still, we have not solved, even on paper yet how to handle security; how do we handle not messing up your saved games and things like that.”

Grey

Grey

Now I can be a Chaos Space Marine. Grey the Traitor accepts.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Way to be a downer man....

Symbolic

Symbolic

Booooo

Ante

Ante

I've always been a PC guy when it comes to Bethesda games just because of the mods. They add so much stuff do do/collect. I actually just got one for New Vegas that adds 130+ real world weapons to the game and some sweet tactical armor.

Skyrim to offer mods for consoles. ScreenShot0-1

Rocking the AK-74

Khfan60

Khfan60

Ante wrote:I've always been a PC guy when it comes to Bethesda games just because of the mods. They add so much stuff do do/collect. I actually just got one for New Vegas that adds 130+ real world weapons to the game and some sweet tactical armor.

Skyrim to offer mods for consoles. ScreenShot0-1

Rocking the AK-74

Nice. I'd kill for a good gaming computer just to play Fallout and Oblivion/Skyrim on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum