JrTapia1991
Manila Plague
ALargeEffinFry
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fallout 3? Empty Fallout 3? 2011-07-18, 04:13

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

I am borrowing this from my friend, and besides the copious amounts of walking, it's not bad. My one gripe is how horribly inaccurate my guns are compared to the AIs.

Anyone have some advice for me? Without major spoilers.

2Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3? 2011-07-18, 04:15

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

the most useful skill in this game will also help you with your plight

upgrade the gun skill as fast as possible

normal guns are more common than laser weapons

3Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3? 2011-07-18, 04:24

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

One of my favorite games ever.....Upgrade guns,then repair,then I did medicine.

Get dogmeat to help you out if you have the game of the year edition,he levels with you and pretty much can't die.

If you want to you could look up where some of the strong weapons are,that's what I did and had lots of fun with the game.

If you can see enemies far away,try and pick them off with the hunting rifle,then when they get close VATS them in the head.DC is filled with super mutants with hunting rifles mostly.

Follow the main story and it should be a challenge but not too hard.....

man,now I wanna play FO3.New Vegas is cool in it's own right,but I think I like FO3 better with the add ons.Point Lookout was great.

4Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3? 2011-07-18, 09:15

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Ignore the speech and science skills and go for lockpick. That was my most used ability in the game. There are more normal guns than laser, but you will use the energy weapons late in the game so keep that skill decent.

BTW awesome game. It just takes time...... Lots of time

5Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3? 2011-07-18, 09:40

razelas

razelas

-Since you're new to the game, Small Guns and Repair are a must. Alternatively, Melee Weapons and Sneak. (I'm on my 8th play-through and I'm going hard-core; Unarmed is my main combat skill, no guns.)

- The skill points you can put into each skill is partly determined by your Intelligence. So I''d recommend putting at least 7 points into Intel.

- Quick Learner perk (increases the amount Exp. you get) is great if you want to get through the game at a faster pace, but not if you want to get the most out of perks.

- Following the main quest line will help orientate you to the game

-SAVE EVERY 5 min.!!! I cannot tell you how many hours I've wasted because I did not save.

- Try getting to Canterbury Commons by level 10

- Don't always use Quick Travel, try to walk to your destinations. You may be surprised what you find...

- SAVE EVERY 5 min.!!

6Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3? 2011-07-18, 14:31

Wacco

^ Gonna disagree with Swift Learner. Never take that, wastes a perk IMO. Honestly, just explore in your early levels and do whatever quests you find. The guns skill will be the most helpful, but unarmed is also a really valid choice if you choose your perks right.

7Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3? 2011-07-18, 14:32

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

resartyour game.

put your intellingence atnine

swimdon the river torivet city

grab that intelligence babblehead beforeyou levelup

do harkness's / missing anroid quest in rivet city toaquire an implantand a321 plasma rifle (one of the best weapons in the game)but be sure totalktoharknessand tellhimhesan android,then takehis rifle,turn himin to the commonwealth,then blast those twoaway
that way you getboth the implantand the rifle

do the sidequestfor the xualong chinese assault rifle at the museumofscience.

tohave fun get the railway repeater and deathclawgauntlet becuase they are f***ing awesome Very Happy

btw i have a bad spacebar

8Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3? 2011-07-18, 14:40

Khfan60

Khfan60

VATS, VATS and more VATS.

Pick Grim Reaper's Spirit when you hit level 20 and your basically a god.

And don't waste perks on Swift Learner, Here and Now or any other perk that increases your points in a certain skill.

AND, don't listen to Terry, lockpick is important but it's good to have a decently high speech and a high science.

9Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3? 2011-07-18, 15:53

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

go to old olney Razz

lol jk there's deathclaw everywhere there >__>

10Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3? 2011-07-18, 15:56

Ante

Ante

1fnbighen wrote:resartyour game.

put your intellingence atnine

swimdon the river torivet city

grab that intelligence babblehead beforeyou levelup

do harkness's / missing anroid quest in rivet city toaquire an implantand a321 plasma rifle (one of the best weapons in the game)but be sure totalktoharknessand tellhimhesan android,then takehis rifle,turn himin to the commonwealth,then blast those twoaway
that way you getboth the implantand the rifle

do the sidequestfor the xualong chinese assault rifle at the museumofscience.

tohave fun get the railway repeater and deathclawgauntlet becuase they are f***ing awesome Very Happy

btw i have a bad spacebar

I read this in the voice of a very, very drunk man.

11Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3? 2011-07-18, 16:03

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

lmao hell yea...

12Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3? 2011-07-18, 16:32

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Head Directly to Ol' Olney at the start of the game. Place has some epic loot to get.

13Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3? 2011-07-18, 18:09

razelas

razelas

Here's a list of places you should visit (in no particular order):

- Canterbury Commons
- Girdershade
- Oasis
- Paradise Falls
- Reilly's Rangers Compound
- Republic of Dave
- Underworld (Museum of History)
- The Grisly Diner
- Vaults 87 (the only location that can't be discovered for reasons you will find out), 106 and 108
- Statesman Hotel
- Meresti Metro Station
- Fort Independence
- Fort Constantine
- Nuka Cola plant
- Alien Crash Site

14Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3? 2011-07-18, 18:18

Kitsune

Kitsune

Fallout 3 is pretty fun; just wander and explore wherever you want, just like any other Fallout. However, just play it smart; if you see enemies that are too strong to fight, just leave them alone, and go elsewhere for a while until you level up. The game itself isn't very difficult, but is really fun.

I go for high intelligence, perception, and agility usually. I neglected science, so I missed out a bit on some things in the game; however I went for 100 lockpicking and such.

Make sure to have at least 6-7 in Strength so you can actually carry items with you; I always have a maxed out weight in my inventory by the time I leave any place, so that's always helpful. It also will be important if you want to joke around and use melee weapons.

High guns/sneak combined are rather nasty; I also would invest in Silent Running and such, so it doesn't take forever to get anywhere while sneaking. A decent explosives skill isn't a bad thing to have either; you can use mines to cripple enemies coming through doorways (this is really nice to have for Mirelurks), and you can use it to get a little more time when you're trying to defuse mines (I think the Minefield is in FO3, not NV, it's been a while). I never died during my entire playthrough, so I know that even if that's the not the most effective advice it should work.

Also, make sure to get the one weapon that launches garbage, because it's hilarious to tear the heads off of Raiders with teddy bears, but I think you need some Big Guns skill to use it properly.

15Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3? 2011-07-18, 18:23

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Razz get the Xuanlong and Terrible Shotgun and you'll be set for awhile Razz

16Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3? 2011-07-18, 18:26

Wacco

And if you have the DLC, do Operation Anchorage for some extremely good loot. And Point Lookout cuz it's the best.

17Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3? 2011-07-18, 20:48

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

If you have OA, don't use the winter armor because it is glitched and makes the game easy mode.

18Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3? 2011-07-18, 22:52

Khfan60

Khfan60

Higurashi wrote:If you have OA, don't use the winter armor because it is glitched and makes the game easy mode.

To add on to that, don't do the Gary glitch either.

19Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3? 2011-07-18, 23:09

Wacco

Yes do the Gary glitch! Then you can get the winterized combat armor which looks awesome. Just don't use the stuff if you feel like it's too cheap.

20Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3? 2011-07-18, 23:58

Cubist Castle

Cubist Castle

You guys are just dropping spoilers like birdshit.
Isn't half the fun of the first playthrough just exploring everything, and not worrying about maxing out your character and getting every rare weapon in the game?

BTW, I'm sooo mad I sold this game right now. Sounds like exactly what I want to play.

21Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3? 2011-07-19, 01:04

Wacco

Meh, I guess your right Cram. As soon as I knew everything there was to know about the game is when I got bored of it.

22Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3? 2011-07-19, 02:39

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Quite the opposite with me...once I found out some cool stuff in the game it made me want to get everything Very Happy

23Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3? 2011-07-19, 16:38

Shaymojack

Shaymojack

Just "Sir" will do wrote:Ignore the speech and science skills and go for lockpick. That was my most used ability in the game. There are more normal guns than laser, but you will use the energy weapons late in the game so keep that skill decent.

BTW awesome game. It just takes time...... Lots of time
BLASPHEMY!
I always go for ridiculous speech skill. Science is pretty useless, most of the time that hacking a terminal actually gets you something nice there's alternative ways to do it. Energy weapons is worth it later on for the godly plasma rifles.

24Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3? 2011-07-19, 17:34

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

There's no "right" way to go through the game which I love....so many possibilities Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum