Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should Semi Auto Sniper rifles be OHK with Headshot when in range?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

As the title says, what do you think about Semi Automatic sniper rifles. Should Semi Automatic Sniper rifles be able to get One Hit Kills to the head? I'd say this seems fair, lets say the range is only half or almost half the max distance of normal bolt action. This could help prevent them from being abused. It may also increase their usefulness, since in most cases, it takes at least 2 shots to kill a target provided it is a clean head shot.

Discuss?

StormEye

StormEye

With the lack of bullet drop, perfectly accurate first shot, and ability for quick follow up with out scoping out would make it extremely OP.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

lack of bullet drop? Please explain. I've experienced bullet drop all the time when I use the SVU and the T88. Are you talking about when using the x4 optic and RDS on it? Those are handicaps in themselves.

Please elaborate on how it would become OP? As I stated, this would only apply to when the weapon is in range for it's maximum damage capability, much like a bolt action rifle must be within it's optimal range in order to score a one shot head shot kill.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I kind of think every weapon should be a one-shot-kill to the head. At least up to a certain range.

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

StormEye wrote:With the lack of bullet drop, perfectly accurate first shot, and ability for quick follow up with out scoping out would make it extremely OP.

but if u use any other sniper it doesntt need a follow up .and it does ohk with mag ammo.

i think it should just ohk headshot without mag ammo just on the t88 to balance it.

StormEye

StormEye

Bullet drop on semi-autos are same as those that are non-sniper rifles.

Bullet drop on it is pretty much ignorable unless you are in the extreme range, which I would not suggest people to try to play the game from.

Adding RDS/4x does not change the bullet drop characteristic. It only shows less due to the lack of zoom, like how bullet drop does not increase when using 12x scope but it is only exaggerated due to the zoom.

If semi-autos were capable of OHK at long ranges, there would be no need to use bolt action rifles since you get far better RoF, along with the ability of not having to scope out. You also get more ammo. You can also spam bullets in headshot line on running people with extreme ease if you do not have to constantly scope out and have to cycle the bolt.

The only way this would ever come in existence is if they make it like BF2, where every weapon has inaccuracy no matter how still you are and aiming down the sight. BF2 semi-autos had OHK headshots but they were inaccurate at range.

EDIT: /facepalm self for misunderstanding the topic. LoL

Last edited by StormEye on 2010-09-15, 19:44; edited 1 time in total

StormEye

StormEye

Hold on a sec, *facepalm myself*

I misunderstood the topic.

Thought Luner wanted OHK at long range. LoL

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

i liked how in mw2 (shudders) the semi auto barret had a ridiculous amunt of kick so it wasnt too op. i think the t88 should get a bit more kick but earn ohk in range with headshot.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

That would be acceptable IMO. Perhaps make it so it can't have the x12 scope on it too? It is after all, a DMR weapon meant for medium to semi long range engagements.

StormEye

StormEye

BTW I totally agree that semi-autos should be OHK to the head at maximum damage range.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum