Captain Pirate Pineapple
Keyser Söze
JrTapia1991
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

While this wasn't released this year, I'm throwing it in here since I've been listening to it a lot lately...

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Shotgun Dismemberment wrote:While this wasn't released this year, I'm throwing it in here since I've been listening to it a lot lately...

Hahaha that album cover...what the hell?

Yea the new Gorguts was quite amazing

I really liked that album you posted with the horse haha. Never heard of that band but I like it.

Dont think you can compare Dimmu and Emperor though......totally different bands. Only thing they share is both are black metal.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I always saw Dimmu as more symphonic than black.

Yea its pretty symphonic too

Dimmu sucks though so meh lmao

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:Yea its pretty symphonic too

Dimmu sucks though so meh lmao
Haha yeah I don't like them either.

Bathory is the shit though

So good

Some Mayhem is pretty alright yea

Is Behemoth still considered Black ? Or are they blackened death?

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Yeah I like Bathory as well. Venom is pretty cool too. I haven't heard a whole lot of Mayhem but some of it was ok.

I'm not too familiar with Behemoth.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

I wasn't comparing Dimmu and Emperor, I was just stating that those two kinds of black metal are not my thing.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Sym wrote:Yea the new Gorguts was quite amazing

I really liked that album you posted with the horse haha. Never heard of that band but I like it.
Yeah, Archagathus rock hard.

Funny thing is that they play almost like an Agathocles tribute band (mince-core) while historically Archagathus was Agathocles son.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

I just looked for some other cool Archagathus stuff, but it's a shame that their best material isn't on youtube. Maybe I should remedy that.

Check out the Archagathus split with Death Toll 80000.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Nevermind, found it.

Fuck yea that's some good shit

Not a huge fan of the vocals but everything else is great.

I prefer the shrieks to the super gutturals

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Sym wrote:Fuck yea that's some good shit

Normally I'm not a huge fan of those kind of gutturals, but the way these guys use them make them seem almost comical to me. Like one step before a pitch shifter, and as stated previously, I have a fetrish for pitch shifted vocals.

Great band live too.

I dont like the super short songs

Some of them are good and ok, but a full album worth of 90 second songs is....interesting.......

Your such a grind whore lmao

Shotgun Dismemberment wrote:
Sym wrote:Fuck yea that's some good shit

Normally I'm not a huge fan of those kind of gutturals, but the way these guys use them make them seem almost comical to me. Like one step before a pitch shifter, and as stated previously, I have a fetrish for pitch shifted vocals.

Great band live too.
Yea me either. There are only a few bands that I like that pull off super gutturals. Old Devourment was the best imho.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Sym wrote:I dont like the super short songs

Some of them are good and ok, but a full album worth of 90 second songs is....interesting.......

Your such a grind whore lmao
I guess...

No you are my man

No doubt about it lmao

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Grindcore is fun man. You can do the fucking twist to almost any d-beat section. 'Nuff said...

I like grind quite a bit, but its about my 3rd or 4th favorite sub genre

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

You're a shred and polyrhythm whore. Strange combo.

Yea, plus Im usually a sucker for anything progressive in nature.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I was never really into grind. It just doesn't jive with me for some reason.

I like most metal though soooo

I just dont like power metal lmao

New solo material from Obscura's drummer

This is right up my alley

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/obscura-drummer-to-release-solo-debut/

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:New solo material from Obscura's drummer

This is right up my alley

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/obscura-drummer-to-release-solo-debut/
cool stuff!

Indeed

Obscura is great, and the drummer is world class. His solo stuff sounds alot like his main band as well as Spawn of Possession.

The musicianship is incredible

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:Indeed

Obscura is great, and the drummer is world class. His solo stuff sounds alot like his main band as well as Spawn of Possession.

Yeah definitely. On a side note...Jesus Christ this is a good cover.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Someone just posted this in my Facebook feed. Weird name but pretty sick prog metal. Similar to the Scale the Summit stuff I posted but a lot heavier. Not so many clean melodic passages.

HydrasBreath wrote:

I love me some Death Angel, but for whatever reason this new album doesnt sit that well with me. I dont know why and I cannot put my finger on it. I think its not quite heavy enough for me, and not as heavy as most of thier older stuff.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:
HydrasBreath wrote:

I love me some Death Angel, but for whatever reason this new album doesnt sit that well with me. I dont know why and I cannot put my finger on it. I think its not quite heavy enough for me, and not as heavy as most of thier older stuff.
I'm really digging it honestly. I think it's better than the stuff they've done since Art of Dying which was a pretty good record in and of itself.

Dont get me wring there are some ripping tracks on the album, but overall as a total album I dunno.

Like I said I cant put my finger on it really either, which is annoying.

I think the new Trivium is way better, but Im a little biased. And the only reason Im comparing them is they came out within a week of eachother, and they are both progressive thrash bands.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:Dont get me wring there are some ripping tracks on the album, but overall as a total album I dunno.

Like I said I cant put my finger on it really either, which is annoying.

I think the new Trivium is way better, but Im a little biased. And the only reason Im comparing them is they came out within a week of eachother, and they are both progressive thrash bands.
See for me the Death Angel album easily beats the Trivium album but I'm a sucker for Bay Area Thrash.

The Trivium album is good though I've been listening to it quite a bit. I just feel the Death Angel album is harder hitting for me.

So interesting how metal speaks to each individual so differently

Another reason why its my favorite genre.

Overall I believe the Trivium album to be heavier. Alot of that comes from the screaming/death metal growls however. Death Angel has none of those. Some of the Trivium riffs are just plan evil lol. I mean murdering music.

Overall I like Caster of Shame and the Dream Calls for Blood the best off the Death Angel album

Best song on the album

Even Greg might be able to appreciate it, maybe not as there is melody and harmonizing haha.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:So interesting how metal speaks to each individual so differently

Another reason why its my favorite genre.

Overall I believe the Trivium album to be heavier. Alot of that comes from the screaming/death metal growls however. Death Angel has none of those. Some of the Trivium riffs are just plan evil lol. I mean murdering music.

Overall I like Caster of Shame and the Dream Calls for Blood the best off the Death Angel album
Oh I'd agree that Trivium is heavier. Hard hitting and heavy are two different things to me. The speed of the Death Angel album makes it more in your face in my opinion.

I also enjoy the Death Angel vocals more so that probably makes me lean towards them over Trivium. I like wailers.

Yea I know you do

The wailing gets to me in a negative way at times

I dont like the power metally screams they do at time, but I can over look it as the rest of Death Angel is just so fucking sick.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:Yea I know you do

The wailing gets to me in a negative way at times

I dont like the power metally screams they do at time, but I can over look it as the rest of Death Angel is just so fucking sick.
Lots of new albums coming out this year - Page 4 You-dont-know-me-like-that

I kid, I kid Razz 

Yeah I'm the same way with certain styles of death metal vocals. They just get to me after awhile.

I used to not like any type of death growls or screams but they grew on me eventually.

Death metal is an acquired thing

Nobody and I mean nobody, not even Greg and I loved death metal the first time we heard it.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:Death metal is an acquired thing

Nobody and I mean nobody, not even Greg and I loved death metal the first time we heard it.
Yeah same here. I've been getting into more extreme styles of metal in the past year or two.

Im a hard core fan of extreme metal and have been since I was 16 when I discovered Death haha

Mostly death metal though, all forms. From tech death to brutal slam death. Dont really like most black like Ive said before. Like alot of grind too, thought not all.

My favorite grind band is Agoraphobic Nosebleed

Also Worm rot

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

The new skeletonwitch is leaked on KAT for anyone who cares to listen. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to give it a spin.

link?

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Worm Rot are awesome. But favourite grindcore band AN? Most their material doesn't even have a drummer...

Oh I know

AN is amazing to me

Been a huge fan for years now

I also really like Pig Destroyer

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum