the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

The definitive list of death metal

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OK here is the deal. This list could go on for days, so Im going to limit it to 20 bands.

In no order

Death
Carcass
Vader
Obituary
Autopsy
Gorguts
Immolation
Bolt Thrower
Mordid Angel
Suffocation
Devourment
Deicide
Entombed
Dissection
Pestilence
Crypstopsy
Origin
Disgorge
Dying Fetus
Malevolent Creation

What do you guys think?

I think this is the best 20 if the least 25 years

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Death
Worthy, although I'm not a fan after Human.

Carcass
Not worthy beyond Necroticism, besides Carcass always felt more like deathgrind than pure death.

Vader
Lol...

Obituary
I guess, I'm not the hugest fan.

Autopsy
Hell yes, one of the few bands on this list that didn't compromise their original sound

Gorguts
I like what I've heard, but I can't say I have a full picture

Immolation
Yes, easily.

Bolt Thrower
Yes.

Mordid Angel
Duh...

Suffocation
Duh...

Devourment
Hmmm...while I like, they are quite repetetive at times. Frankly, if they were one of the first bands to slam, they would just be another dime a dozen.

Deicide
Up until a certain album, sure.

Entombed
Sure.

Dissection
What? No way...

Pestilence
Meh...last Petsilence was worse than an actual pestilence.

Crypstopsy
If we pretend The Unspoken King never happened,

Origin
Meh...After second album a total bore.

Disgorge
I like, but kind of niche, like Devourment.

Dying Fetus
Sure.

Malevolent Creation
After In Cold Blood, these guys are the definition of "meh"...Strong start, but I would hardly put them on a list as such.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Incantation you mofo

So we agree on most fo them haha

Shinma

Shinma

I need to recruit some minorities in this bitch... I like my death metal and rock as much as the next person, but this shit is just smothering. Starting to feel lonely.

The music board is mostly populated by the same 5-6 people

Shinma

Shinma

I've noticed. I usually don't wander to this side much, but it popped up on the more recent topics so here I is.

And it just so happens most of those 5-6 people happen to be fans of extreme music, sooooo there tends to be more discussion about metal than any other genre on here.

Shinma

Shinma

Yeah, 99% of the time, any form of music discussion is about metal lol. I don't mind it much since I'm a fan of metal also and every so often I'll catch a new band to listen to from you guys, but it gets a little monotonous after a while. It's all about what your main music love is. I'm sure I could drive people insane with all my hip-hop shit if I had the chance to. 

Extreme music never gets monotonous to me

They is just so much variety in the genre.

Between that and blues/jazz you will never run out of music

Rap/hip hop is not really my thing personally. I like little pockets of it here and there, but thats about it really haha.

Shinma

Shinma

Hip-hop isn't for everyone, especially since the kind most people are exposed to is the garbage radio brand. I could never be tired of it, but everyone has a main genre that they can never get tired of. I like EDM and lots of forms of electronic music, but I have a friend who lives and dies by that shit. I'll go to her house and she'll play it non-stop without falter. I enjoy it for an hour or two... but after that, switch it up a little bit or kill me.

Whats EDM?

Shinma

Shinma

Electronic dance music. There are a lot of genres like dubstep, techno, house, hardstyle, etc. so they pretty much just lumped a bunch of them under EDM.

Nice

Im alot more open minded than people give me credit for

Ask my wife....shes surprised sometimes by what I listen to

If it takes musical talent ill give it a shot

Shinma

Shinma

Same. I just love music in general. When someone else goes through my ipod, they're confused as shit. Shuffle my songs and you'll get some neo-soul love song, then j-rock, then a classical composition, then some mellow hip-hop, followed by the most ignorant, ratchet rap song you can find lol. I even like a little bit of country music from time to time. Variety is the spice of life.

I despise country music lmao

They have some talented musicians , but I just cant get into it.

The rap Im into is a short list

Bone Thugs
Eminem(sorta)
NWA
Kottonmouth Kings
Easy E

With that said I haven't listened to any of those besides Eminem in years.

Shinma

Shinma

Yeah, old school is good. The 90's were the peak. Eminem just dropped his latest album actually. It's not bad, but nothing amazing.

I just like the Kottonmouth kings because they are probably the biggest stoner band around haha

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Real hip hop is badass shit. I like it, like most of my death metal/grindcore friends, who all happen to listen to quite a bit.

Maybe it's because hip hop is just another form of badassery.

Either that or the fact that (at least around here) your average death metal head is a bigger pothead than Snoop Dogg...

Shotgun Dismemberment wrote:Real hip hop is badass shit. I like it, like most of my death metal/grindcore friends, who all happen to listen to quite a bit.

Maybe it's because hip hop is just another form of badassery.

Either that or the fact that (at least around here) your average death metal head is a bigger pothead than Snoop Dogg...
This in fact plays into my like of the genre too haha

Hence the Kottonmouth Kings

Shinma

Shinma

No shortage of pothead rappers lol. Here's something more recent. This is one of their more meh songs, but they're an awesome group.

chunckylover53

Kendrick Lamar is pretty legit

Shinma

Shinma

Kendrick Lamar is easily becoming one of the greatest. Like on some second coming of Nas type shit. The rest of Black Hippy aren't exactly at legend status, but they're leagues ahead of most rappers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum