chunckylover53
Patrick Star
HydrasBreath ♜
Frostbyrn
18 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

You have a one night stand with a girl and she gets pregnant and decides to keep the baby

Do you take responsibility and help her raise it?

You used protection but it failed if that has any bearing on your thinking

Last edited by Frostbyrn on 2012-03-07, 01:18; edited 1 time in total

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I know that the right thing to do is to take responsibility for my actions and it could be argued that you shouldn't be having sex if you can't face the possible consequences but parenthood scares the everliving piss out of me and I don't know that I'll ever want kids.

That being said I'm not really sure what I would do. At the very least I would help her out financially but I don't know that I could help raise the child. I don't know it's really hard for me to say what I would do because I'm incapable of picturing myself as a father.

on one hand I believe that everyone should be held responsible for their actions but on the other I could very well become completely miserable and unhappy if I chose to stay with this person. I'd be afraid of resenting the child.

I don't know that I can come up with an answer without actually being in the situation since I'm completely torn. I think I want to believe that I'd do the right thing but I'm not sure that that would necessarily be the case.

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

Even though taking care of the baby would be the moral thing to do, I would leave her tbh i know its fucked up but i have a life to live, places to visit, an education to pursue and i would not want to end my life for a baby that can be aborted(another moral debate). Yeah, i know this seems really selfish. Maybe i would get back with her five years later after I've got my education done and shit. I'm sure i would make an attempt to support her financially.

I have dreams of being a father one day but right now, its just too soon.

chunckylover53

Push her down the stairs.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I think for me it would seriously depend on the mothers personality

I would take responsibility and help her raise it. There is no way I would let my child grow up without a dad.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

chunckylover53 wrote:Push her down the stairs.

The topic previously known as:An Actual Moral Debate Tumblr_kyj22swOBH1qay4x5o1_400

asdf

asdf

The topic previously known as:An Actual Moral Debate Resize

Zillah

Zillah

I would try to get her to put the baby up for adoption to a good family.

Being 16 (well, 17 in an hour) having a kid would be a huge drag on my education and it probably would not work out well. In 10 years, when i hope to be more ready to have a kid i would probably act differently.

frost why are you asking... you knock up some chick?

Pariah

Pariah

Zillah wrote:
frost why are you asking... you knock up some chick?
Since Epyk suggested a few ways to revitalise the forum, I'm going to try and set up a morality/religion/politics/ethics/etcetera debate each day. The second one kinda floundered since everyone agreed, so my theory is he just wanted a better one.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Yeah I wanted a more Ambiguous topic Pariah Very Happy

One that would get a bunch of different responses and maybe freak out Kalei Very Happy

Pariah

Pariah

Frostbyrn wrote:Yeah I wanted a more Ambiguous topic Pariah Very Happy

One that would get a bunch of different responses and maybe freak out Kalei Very Happy

I'm actually going to try to make them a daily topic. I have a list coming along, want to PM me any ideas you have?

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Pay for an abortion, otherwise this:
PrototypeT800 wrote:I would take responsibility and help her raise it. There is no way I would let my child grow up without a dad.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

What Tom said. I know the consequences of sex, and if that happened I would wise up, and take responsibility. I grew up my whole life without a dad, and when my dad is in my life hes a peice of shit dick who doesn't give a flying fuck about me. I refuse to be like him and his sorry alcoholic, marajuana addicted ass.

Plus I am almost done with HS, and if worst came to worse I would attend a trade school.

Pariah

Pariah

I'm not gonna lie, I'm actually impressed with you SeC.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I would play it smart and wouldn't let that happen but if it did I'd try everything in my power for an abortion

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

Siren Dropped Da Soap wrote:What Tom said. I know the consequences of sex, and if that happened I would wise up, and take responsibility. I grew up my whole life without a dad, and when my dad is in my life hes a peice of shit dick who doesn't give a flying fuck about me. I refuse to be like him and his sorry alcoholic, marajuana addicted ass.

Plus I am almost done with HS, and if worst came to worse I would attend a trade school.
Punch you in the dick soap.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Not if I dick punch you first!

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

The topic previously known as:An Actual Moral Debate Index.php?size=full&src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.biffinsbridge.net%2Fgallery%2Falbums%2Fuserpics%2F10002%2FFalconPunch
The topic previously known as:An Actual Moral Debate 1239884180_jump_on_the_balls

Ante

Ante

I'd never put myself in this situation, so I really couldn't say.

Duan

Duan

FALCON PUNCH BITCH

yeah i would try to get her to have an abortion but i would at least help raise it if she decided to keep it

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

You cant get addicted to Marijuana thats just what the Media wants you to believe so they can help demonize it

The Mr. E of Hat

The Mr. E of Hat

I wont lie I am drunk during this posting period so I didnt read others reactions. But I would say as a true human being it al ldepending on if she contacted me. I mean I would love to say that I would take responsibility because for the most part I think I am a good moral person but in all reality if she never told me or held me responsible I wouldn't think twice. If she told me/etc then well yeah...I would feel obligated to take my part in the scenario and would do so without question. But lets face it. As human beings if the problem doesnt face us personally we will chose to ignore it.

http://www.drunkduck.com/I_Missed_A_Step/

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Frostbyrn wrote:You cant get addicted to Marijuana thats just what the Media wants you to believe so they can help demonize it

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Frostbyrn wrote:You have a one night stand with a girl and she gets pregnant and decides to keep the baby

Yes.

In my world view you:
A. Take responsibility for your actions.

Or

B. Are a worthless piece of shit.

There is no grey area.

I have been in this position 5 times that I can think of as I write this. Five different girls. 3 one night stands and 2 that were girlfriends. In each case I let them know that the decision of what to do was theirs and that I would be fine with it whatever they decided. 4 decided to have abortions. The 5th is now my wife and our daughter is 10.

No one is perfect. Everyone makes occasional mistakes and bad decisions. I feel that how you live up to those mistakes defines a large part of your character and worth.

Ha! I just remembered, make that a fake 6 times. I forgot that a couple years ago my wifes friend got pregnant and they thought it was mine. That is until I reminded them that I had had myself fixed and there was no way it could be mine. Crazy.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

JrTapia1991 wrote:
Frostbyrn wrote:You cant get addicted to Marijuana thats just what the Media wants you to believe so they can help demonize it

you can, but it is psychological, not physical. you can be psychologically addicted to ANYTHING if you have low willpower.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

The Adli Corporation wrote:
JrTapia1991 wrote:

you can, but it is psychological, not physical. you can be psychologically addicted to ANYTHING if you have low willpower.

In other words it's habitual.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

yeah. what greg said Razz

chunckylover53

Metalzoic wrote:
Frostbyrn wrote:You have a one night stand with a girl and she gets pregnant and decides to keep the baby

Yes.

In my world view you:

Or

There is no grey area.

I have been in this position 5 times that I can think of as I write this. Five different girls. 3 one night stands and 2 that were girlfriends. In each case I let them know that the decision of what to do was theirs and that I would be fine with it whatever they decided. 4 decided to have abortions. The 5th is now my wife and our daughter is 10.

No one is perfect. Everyone makes occasional mistakes and bad decisions. I feel that how you live up to those mistakes defines a large part of your character and worth.

Ha! I just remembered, make that a fake 6 times. I forgot that a couple years ago my wifes friend got pregnant and they thought it was mine. That is until I reminded them that I had had myself fixed and there was no way it could be mine. Crazy.

Dayum metal.. Of course my other response was a joke but it's funny this topic is brought up because my friend's fuck buddy is claiming shes pregnant and he's going nuts.

It would depend if i knew said girl, If i had a kid now i'd have no way to support it so i'd have to give it up for adoption.

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

PrototypeT800 wrote:I would take responsibility and help her raise it. There is no way I would let my child grow up without a dad.

This until the very end.

Frostbyrn wrote:One that would get a bunch of different responses and maybe freak out Kalei Very Happy

If one of my crazy chicks were signed up as members and started this thread, then I'd really be freaked out. Otherwise, no this doesn't bother me.

Metalzoic wrote:Yes.

In my world view you:

Or

I agree with this too. This and Tom's response are my favorite two.

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tuoATQJWrBs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah, I went there.

I would leave her. Hah!

Duck

Duck

Metalzoic wrote:

Yes.

In my world view you:

Or

There is no grey area.

Metal either you're very unlucky or needed to use more protection...

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

I think he's just very unlucky...

In all honesty, from a woman's perspective, I think it depends on what she wants. I know a lot of people who are single mothers and want nothing to do with the fathers of their children, and everyone involved is okay with that. I think it just depends on what everyone wants out of it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum