Metalzoic
Ante
JrTapia1991
MEGA MILK
StormEye
Duck
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1thinking about getting a 3DS Empty thinking about getting a 3DS 2013-11-28, 22:39

Duck

Duck

tell me your opinions about the 2DS, 3DS, XL, games, whatever.

StormEye

StormEye

I made a decision to get a Japanese 3DS for one game, but I ended up not using it all that much.

I would rather tag along my PSP for gaming than 3DS.

I also absolutely abhor the fact that its region locked... Fuck Nintendo.

But, if you genuinely want a title thats on 3DS, then its the only way to get it. Many of the developers that used to develop for PSP did not move to PS VITA, but to 3DS instead.

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

I like mine, only gaming I've done in the last month has been on it.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

get the XL....I have the regular 3ds and want to get rid of it since the small screen sucks lol. Even if the XL image is stretched a little I think it's worth it

2ds seems cheesy to me since it can't fold...I never use the 3d anyway

I have SMT 4 and Fire Emblem on it...wouldn't mind pokemon. It's a very nice little system for rpgs although I never play it >_>

Ante

Ante

I like mine. I had buyer's remorse the day after I got it because I thought I was never going to use it, but then Fire Emblem came out, then Animal Crossing New Leaf, then Pokemon X and Y... Currently playing Harvest Moon: A New Beginning. It's nice to curl up in bed when it's cold and play.

I used to have one

Never played it

Dat tiny screen

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

We have one although technically it's my daughters. I don't think anyone has used it at all since last Christmas.

Duck

Duck

I never owned a DS so i'm interested in those games as well.
My friend just got one with monster hunter 3 ultimate which I'm interested in playing. I'd probably play Pokemon X/Y, I like harvest moon as well.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

How is A New Beginning Ante?

The best game I played for my 3ds was starfox

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Ehh.....I played Starfox like 100s of times on N64. I beat it in like 8 hours, both campaigns on the 3DS and sold it to Gamestop.

I have played a shit ton of Fire Emblem, loads of Pokemon, wasted days in Animal Crossing, and currently am being mesmerized by the new Zelda.

I say get it Duck, you fowl bastard

3DS just aint for me

Hell I greatly preferred the Vita

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

The 3D is good, but a gimmick. Likely all 3DS games don't depend on the 3D feature for much, so getting a 2DS is fine I guess.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I mean honestly for the price the 2ds isn't bad, I just hate how it looks,and it still has the tiny regular 3ds screen. But if you don't mind it, it's a cheap way to get a great system, I really think it chumps the vita (plus if you need to you can use regular cheap sd cards and not sony proprietary) >_>

Duck

Duck

i like the hardware for the vita but my favorite devs for PSP moved to 3DS instead of Vita...

Hardware wise the Vita is soooooooooooooooooo much better

But yea it has no games haha

Ante

Ante

You don't even notice the screen size when you're playing. I seriously don't understand the hate on the 3DS' screen. It's not like you're holding it at arms length away from yourself when playing.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

started to get Animal Crossing earlier for 25 >_> but got a blu ray player

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Ante wrote:You don't even notice the screen size when you're playing. I seriously don't understand the hate on the 3DS' screen. It's not like you're holding it at arms length away from yourself when playing.
this. I mean the bottom screen is just about teh size of most phones. 

Size of the screen really does not matter, although the XL looks beautiful. 

Hell I still play Fire Emblem on my Gameboy Micro time to time.

Meh to each their own

The small screen on the 3DS just kills it for me

The Vita screen is much better, although still small.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Duck wrote:i like the hardware for the vita but my favorite devs for PSP moved to 3DS instead of Vita...
Who?

Duck

Duck

Metalzoic wrote:
Duck wrote:i like the hardware for the vita but my favorite devs for PSP moved to 3DS instead of Vita...
Who?
monster hunter mainly

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I heard about the Vita going to an LCD screen to save money instead of the OLED one

chunckylover53

Had a 3DS and sold it pretty quickly. Originally bought it to play with my current gf at the time.

I am not crazy about handhelds in general, they usually have great games but like others i didn't like  the screen it hurts my eyes after awhile. I think when i sold mine the XL was right around the corner.

BmmFlash

BmmFlash

I freaking love handhelds. I've had a 3ds for a long time now, and I have no gripes about it other than the resolution at times. There arent too many games that truly look "beautiful" in terms of graphics and gameplay. That being said, on a console like the 3ds, there is no need for these games to look like that. They are tons of fun regardless, and you never stop to think "wow I wish this looked better".
I just picked up a vita last weekend now, and I love that one as well. The vita has all the games that the 3ds CAN'T have, which is why they compliment eachother so well. On the vita I play fighting games and graphics intensive games, stuff the 3ds can't really handle due to size and hardware. But on the 3ds I play all the nintendo games and titles that really utilize the dual screens, so stuff that wouldn't make sense on the vita. I honestly enjoy using both, and can't imagine having to pick one or the other at this point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum