StormEye
sheep
Khfan60
Zillah
Ante
Symbolic
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 Empty Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 2011-06-21, 18:25

Symbolic

Symbolic

So I got my copy of F3AR this morning from Amazon, but Im gonna replay the first two before I start it, as I forgot alot of the story. I gotta say, Fear 1 is the scariest, most unnerving damn game of all time. Even though Ive played it before, it's still so damn creepy. Damn little girl...

Ante

Ante

Alma just wants to be your friend, I promise.

Zillah

Zillah

yeah, people would tell me "nahh that game wasnt scary"

...yes it was.

Symbolic

Symbolic

I swear last night I was playing alone in the dark, with my TB's cranked to 11. There were times I sat and stared at a long dark hallway for 30 seconds before I finally went down them. I was like" Fuck this shit, I wanna go hide with the fat dude with the cheezy poofs"

Khfan60

Khfan60

I've actually never played a Fear game before. Im thinking about picking up Fear 1 this week since it's only like $10. Hmm... maybe tomorrow. Does it have multiplayer?

Symbolic

Symbolic

It does, but its dead. It was fun though back in 06.

sheep

sheep

I just got my copy of Fear 1 today! Might see if I can squeeze some in tonight. I'm scurd already. Got it at Gamestop so I can take it back if I don't like it/get to scared to play.

StormEye

StormEye

Fear 1 definitely startled me a lot, especially the part where you are trying to go down a ladder, and suddenly when your character adjusts the angle to grab onto the ladder you see that little girl standing RIGHT in front of you.

It was the moment of joy for a lot of my friends as one of the guys screamed like a girl, and it got recorded. LoL

Symbolic

Symbolic

StormEye wrote:Fear 1 definitely startled me a lot, especially the part where you are trying to go down a ladder, and suddenly when your character adjusts the angle to grab onto the ladder you see that little girl standing RIGHT in front of you.

It was the moment of joy for a lot of my friends as one of the guys screamed like a girl, and it got recorded. LoL

Oh yea, that part is infamous. It also creeps me the fuck out when alma is crawling at you on all fours like some fucked up animal.

10Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 Empty Re: Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 2011-06-22, 16:47

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I'm really interested in this game. I will have to cour the pawn shops in search of this and the first Bioshock. I wish I had a gamestop nearby Mad

11Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 Empty Re: Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 2011-06-22, 16:58

TexasMace

TexasMace

You guys got me sold on Fear 1! I will hit the gamestop in the next few days. I loved Silent Hill and the RE series so I think I will like this.

Thanks!

12Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 Empty Re: Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 2011-06-22, 17:03

D

Been thinking about getting F1 & 2. I've *gasps* never played any of them.

*crowd boos

*dodges tomato

13Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 Empty Re: Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 2011-06-22, 17:15

chunckylover53

Just "Sir" will do wrote:I'm really interested in this game. I will have to cour the pawn shops in search of this and the first Bioshock. I wish I had a gamestop nearby Mad

No you don't.. After my recent purchase at gamestop i don't think i'll ever go back there again. Or atleast not in a long whileeee. They're just too damn pushy for my likeing.

14Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 Empty Re: Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 2011-06-22, 17:52

Symbolic

Symbolic

Terry check Amazon. Im sure you can get it cheap on there too.

15Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 Empty Re: Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 2011-06-23, 13:13

sheep

sheep

So I played some Fear last night and squealed like a girl at one point.

It's pretty fun, except I keep wasting my grenades trying to aim BC2 style. Couldn't play it in the dark either because it made my eyes hurt.

16Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 Empty Re: Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 2011-06-23, 13:30

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

I sat in the maintenance closet for about 10 minutes, listening to the anime song because I was too scared to go out.

17Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 Empty Re: Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 2011-06-23, 13:47

sheep

sheep

I'm constantly scared. Probably due to hype more than anything scary actually happening. And I always have my head light on lol. So sad.

18Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 Empty Re: Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 2011-06-23, 14:46

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

chunckylover53 wrote:
Just "Sir" will do wrote:I'm really interested in this game. I will have to cour the pawn shops in search of this and the first Bioshock. I wish I had a gamestop nearby Mad

No you don't.. After my recent purchase at gamestop i don't think i'll ever go back there again. Or atleast not in a long whileeee. They're just too damn pushy for my likeing.

Last time I went there I actually got a cool clerk who didn't push the most popular pre-orders down my throat.

Went up to buy my game and he started off wtih "How are you doing today? Would you like to place a pre-order for Modern Warfare 3 or any of our other games?"
I laughed, then instantly with a straight face and stern voice said NO.
HE instantly responded with a "Oh thank God! At least your not another blind sheep".

Coolets Gamestop dude ever.

19Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 Empty Re: Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 2011-06-23, 15:15

Ante

Ante

You get fired from Gamestop if you don't get enough preorders / Game Informer subs. Pretty awesome.

20Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 Empty Re: Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 2011-06-23, 15:32

sheep

sheep

Ante wrote:You get fired from Gamestop if you don't get enough preorders / Game Informer subs. Pretty awesome.

Seriously? That's super lame. They must hate me then. I refuse to get the subscription again because I was constantly having problems actually getting the freaking magazines.

21Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 Empty Re: Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 2011-06-23, 16:19

Khfan60

Khfan60

I just got back from gamestop and I bought Fear 1. Time to see how scary it really is...

22Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 Empty Re: Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 2011-06-23, 19:36

Symbolic

Symbolic

Ha I have influenced the SeC once again. Yay for me!

I beat it last night, and it still is creppy as hell. The final 3 intervals are so damn atmospheric. Onto number 2, before I start 3.

23Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 Empty Re: Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 2011-06-26, 19:09

Symbolic

Symbolic

Lovin I see you've been playing FEAR. How do you like it?

Im almost done with my replay of 2, and then onto the conclusion!

Man I forgot how creepy some parts of these games are. Really atmospheric. The elementary school interval in 2 is creepy as hell, my god.

Like I said, the first is a bit dated gameplay wise, but its still great.

I think I now have a fear( see what I did there!) of all little girls.

24Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 Empty Re: Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 2011-06-26, 19:40

Khfan60

Khfan60

Symbolic wrote:Lovin I see you've been playing FEAR. How do you like it?

Man I forgot how creepy some parts of these games are. Really atmospheric. The elementary school interval in 2 is creepy as hell, my god.

It's pretty good. Im on interval 5 or 6 I think but I got 1 complaint: When does it get scary? So far it's just been slightly creepy at most. Maybe it's me, not trying to sound like a badass, but I don't get scared that easy.

25Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 Empty Re: Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 2011-06-26, 19:46

Symbolic

Symbolic

Namine wrote:
Symbolic wrote:Lovin I see you've been playing FEAR. How do you like it?

It's pretty good. Im on interval 5 or 6 I think but I got 1 complaint: When does it get scary? So far it's just been slightly creepy at most. Maybe it's me, not trying to sound like a badass, but I don't get scared that easy.

The beginning and the end are the creepiest parts. With the final 2 intervals being by far the creepiest. i guess scary isnt probably the right word. More un- nerving and downright disturbing. The story for the FEAR series is so fucked up its not even funny. I wont spoil it for you, but you really need to pay attention to the intel you pick up in the first game to get the full back story. But in 2, it really starts to show how fucked up Archaem(sp?) is. My god its disturbing.

the middle section of the first game is more combat oriented.

26Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 Empty Re: Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 2011-06-27, 16:10

unisyst

unisyst

Symbolic wrote:I gotta say, Fear 1 is the scariest, most unnerving damn game of all time. Even though Ive played it before, it's still so damn creepy. Damn little girl...

Guess you haven't played Amnesia yet. Another good game for some scary moments is Condemned.

I do want to play FEAR again now though.

27Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 Empty Re: Replaying Fear 1 and Fear 2 2011-06-27, 20:33

Symbolic

Symbolic

Ive played both Condemned. The first was awesome, the second was " meh".

But I think the F.E.A.R series is way more atmospheric and generally un-nerving. I mean did you actually pay attention to the story? My god its the most twisted shit ever.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum