New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Speakeasy Jocks Week 3

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

I hope this finds everyone well.

Last weeks games weren't even close, every single one was a blow-out. The closest game of the week was Mudshovlers vs. Majora Possession Receivers with a 29.48pt gap!!!

All this leaves us with one undefeated team (DRGNLRD1213) and one 0-2 team (Voltaires Volts). Everyone else is at 1-1.

Highest Scoring team so far: Operation Doomsday with 206.64 (He's 1-1)
Lowest scoring team: Voltaires Volts (0-2)

Team with most points scored against: Mudshovlers with 216.30 (1-1)
Team with least points scored against: Yo Mama's llama with 149.40 (1-1)

All this to say: It's all about your match ups, and your opponents match-ups. In other words, once the game starts it's out of our hands. It's just finding players that will produce.

A couple things to bring to your attention

Top free agents: (by scoring, and position ranking)

QB: Josh Freeman, 6th ranked
Noteables: Kyle Orton, 8th
Matt Hasslebeck, 9th
RB:Jason Snelling, 5th (this was after Turner got hurt, he doesn't start)
Noteables:Mike Tolbert, 14th
Clinton Portis, 18th
WR: Kevin Walter, 4th
Noteables:Mark Clayton, 7th
Nate Washington, 12th
TE: Dustin Keller, 6th
Noteables: Aaron Hernandez, 9th
Tony Moeaki, 10th
K: Jeff Reed, 1st
Noteable:Mike Nugent, 2nd
Neil Rackers, 3rd
Def:Maimi,2nd
Noteables: KC,3rd
TB,4th

These are the top Free Agents in that position, and their ranking by that poistion. They might keep it up, they might not. It's just food for thought.

RECAPS!!!!!(it almost isn't worth it)

Mudshovlers vs. Majora's Possession Receivers

MPR-128.58
Mud.-99.10

If Mud. played J.Best they would have won (best is the highest scoring fantasy player so far, and he's been on the bench).'Nuff said.

Braaaaaains vs. Asylum Inmates

BR.-115.56
AI.-67.96

Braaaaains players just produced, that's about it. With four players scoring 15 or more points, 2 with 20 or over. Any lineup change by AI wouldn't have helped.

Operation Doonsday vs. Voltaires Volts

OD- 115.96
VV-77.90

Once again, OD's players produced this week. Volt couldn't have made any changes to change the outcome. Hang on Volt. things change every week.

DRGNLRD1213 vs. Yo Mama's llama

DL-103.86
Llama-70.74

It was Pitts. Def. that decided this one.

Overall, it was like I said, a blow out week, not much could have been done to change that.

Bust of the week: Brett Favre- 1pt, I repeat, ONE POINT for the week. He's back to his old self, more INTs than TDs

Sleeper of the week: Jahvid Best, 3TDs 230 all purpose yards

Oh Crap!!!: As said by Reggie Bush owners, Mike Turners owners, and Kevin Kolb Owners, and C.J. (Chris Johnson) owners

Shit the bed: I almost shit the bed when Pitts. Def. ended up getting 28pts.

Week 3 Preview

Mudshovlers vs Asylum Inmates

Two teams looking for a win after blow out losses.The projected winner is Mud., but we know how that goes. AI, keep an eye out on Marshall, he won't be starting this week, he may pplay, but you might want to pursue other options. Mud, some tough line-up decisions to make with Gore, Best, and Benson at RB, and Wayne, Ochocino, Maclin, and Jennings at WR.

Braaaaains vs. Possession Receivers

Teams coming off some big wins, and looking for more. Majora is the expected winner, and could run away with, but if Brady has a big day it will help both teams and match-ups look good on both sides, Moss and Brady vs. Buff., SD vs. Sea., and Eagles vs. Jac. Braaaaaaains, I would lean to starting Pierre Thomas over Jackson. Jackson didn't look real good last week against a weak run defense (and GB is going to a more RBBC approach), and with Reggie Bush out Thomas may get more carries.

Operation Doomsday vs. Yo Mama's Llama

D is the projected winner, but not by much. This maybe closer than it looks, but D had Vick, and NFL.com hasn't counted him yet. Llama, you may wanna look at some free agent WR, there are some BIG targets still out there. D, take another look at starting Driver over Johnson. Johnson is going against Min. Def. at Minn. They are very tough defense, it's the offense that has been their problem, And Driver is up against Chi Def, at Chi too. Chicago may be 2-0, but they gave up 370 yards to Dallas, so the defense isn't great against the pass. Just a thought.

DRGNLRD1213 vs Voltaire's Volts

DL is the projected winner here, and it's hard to disagree with the Projected Score. DL, not much I can say here, just watch you match-ups. Volt, you can still steal this one, look up some free agents at RB and WR. You have a good team, most of their teams are off to a slow start, so keep an eye out in cause it's turns out bad for them. Hightower will lose carries once Beanie Wells is back, and Jacobs is playing second fiddle to Bradshaw.

In case you missed it

Teams that are behind usually start to throw more

Teams that are ahead usually start to run the ball more

So, if you notice a team is always playing behind, or gets ahead fast then controls the clock with running the ball, with a consistent basis look for the guy getting the ball.

Keep an eye on the x-0 teams through out the season, as the season starts ending and the playoffs emerge, any team with a "clinched" playoff spot will start resting their starters. That means some top tier fantasy players WILL NOT PLAY the final week or two of the regular season. The last 2 week of the regular season are our playoffs.

Trade deadline is Nov, 26th. After that date, no more trades.

Good Luck!!

Share this post on: reddit

Post 2010-09-22, 18:53 by Guest

Good advice. Pierre Thomas will be starting. I forgot about Bush's injury.

Majora1988

Post 2010-09-22, 19:14 by Majora1988

Brady is a good pick to start against me this week, Have to hope Schaub can keep up with him against Dallas' Defense. Andre Johnson is luckily not hurt, so that is one major heart attack averted.

1fnbighen

Post 2010-09-25, 16:20 by 1fnbighen

see my pm fox please

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum