New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

speakeasy jocks week 7

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Another week of football, another week on injuries, and another week of patching you team together. With DeSean Jackson, Malcolm Floyd, Josh Cribbs, and more most likely out this week, it's goona be hard to maintain a team. Keep up on your FA's and your rosters and make moves as needed, and you get through this alive. The next 4 weeks can make or break your season.

Some interesting thoughts:

In our league: The Top 4 teams, as of right now, are in one divison: Braaaaaains, Majora's (name of the week), Asylum Inmates, and Mudshovlers. That means only two of the top four will be in the playoffs if they started today. The other divison has two 1-5 teams, but they can still make the playoffs because that whole division is close. Don't worry about AI, or Majora running away for it, worry about getting into the top slots of your division, you might hit a lucky streak and win out from then on

The Lions are the NFL's top scoring team. Their starting QB comes back after the bye. Shocked

The Cowboys are a top fantasy team.

Devin Hester is back!!

A lot of new names this year are top players

Alex Smith has more points that Jay Cutler, but Cutler has more points than Carson Palmer

The Steelers will be the best team in the league (You heard here first)

In our league: the team with the least points scored against them is in sixth, the most scored on team is in forth

The highest scoring player in Fantasy is Peyton Manning, the highest scoring RB: Arian Foster

Recaps

Mudshovlers-114.40
Lil Bit of Luck Llama-93.98

Mud. was the highest scoring team this week (about time!) and could of had more. Llama couldn't have made any changes for a different outcome, but Llama has a good team and could make a playoff run, just keep playing Rothlisberger unless Palmer (and every Bengal with him) decides to wake up.

Braaaaaains-108.86
Voltaires Volts-62.68

Br. keeps winning. He does have a solid team, but is also in the the tougher division. Volt: Not sure what happened, Collie on your bench, and Williams too. Williams seems to be in sync with Romo this year and Collie will still put up points even with garcon back. Even those changes wouldn't have helped, Br, just has a solid team scoring team.

Operation Doomsday-78.08
Asylum Inmates-85.22

D, nothing could have helped, you got the IR team. AI, keep an eye on Keller's injury, he finished the game, but you never know.

DRGNLRD1213-86.30
Majora (name of the week)-112.60

Another game where no changes could have helped (wow, you guy are really good at picking your line-ups) I am beginning to notice that Shiancoe seemed to fall out of favor, watch for Cooley to sit out this week (concussion) but if he doesn't, start him, McNabb has a good re-pore with him

Normally, I would do projections now, but I'm not. They are up if you want to see them, but they really don't determine a game. Instead I will give some predictions, and see how many I get wrong Very Happy . I know last week I told Llama to start Seattle Def, and he got more points for it. I also said Moore isn't a reliable WR, and gets 2 catches for 57yds and a TD. I still don't think he will keep doing that.

Mudshovlers vs. Voltaires Volts

If Volt sits Royal, starts Amendola (actually see who's available on the FA list) and sit Tolbert, start Jones ( Tolbert won't get the ball as much as Jones) he does have a shot a winning, I expect the Giants to be in Dallas's backfield all day. I won't predict my games, if I didn't think I was going to win each week, then I'm doing something wrong. (BTW, I do think I will win this week)

Braaaaaains vs. DRGLRD1213

Br, is due for another loss, DL is due for a win. I'm going with DL, Johnson is going against and Eagle's Def. that is very stingy giving yards, and McCoy won't fare better against Ten. (That will be a low scoring game) I do like Forte's and Charles's match-up, my only concern is Romo and Austin, if Romo is on his back a lot (which he will be) that will slow down the 'Boys passing attack, and whatever they do get will be called back by a penalty.

Operation Doomsday vs. Majora (name of the week)

Majora will be changing his name again after this week. D, you might want to dro Hill and pick-up a WR for this week, Stafford comes back after the bye this week, so Hill will be expendable anyway. PS, Jackson will be back soon, but can't play for at least 4 more weeks, he too maybe expendable. Oh yeah, Finley is done for the year. Majora, it's just a tough bye week for you. You just gotta tough it out.

Asylum Inamtes vs. Lil Bit of Luck Llama

AI's team is too good, he just has too many play makers for me to go against him, but everybody still has a shot every week. Llama can pull this out if AI's players have a bad week, but with the bye it will be tough. Starting Moreno will help for this week, you will be short a kicker this week. Picking one up will help you more than hurt you.

If you want projections, they are on the League site. I'm curious if my upset will upset me instead.

Earlier this year I said to keep an eye on the x-0 team, but that won't be a problem this year. Every division is tight with no clear winner in any, so I don't see teams resting their starters towards the end of the season. Injuries seem to be a problem this year, and suspensions may be too if players keep hitting helmet- to-helmet.

After this week, it will be the mid-point of our season. Both divisions are kinda close, the second half could be completely different from the first.

As always, PM me for anything.

Share this post on: reddit

Post 2010-10-19, 18:10 by Guest

DL and I have a small bet on our matchup. If he wins, My xbox avatar will get Tuxedo'd. If I win, he must zombie-tize his avatar.

I have no intention of wearing a tux.

Post 2010-10-19, 18:13 by D

I had Branch, but didn't start him and dropped him to get Jackson back Mad

That would have gotten me the win.

Post 2010-10-19, 18:16 by Guest

Hmmm... *runs to check Branch's availability*

Majora1988

Post 2010-10-19, 19:45 by Majora1988

I'm 3-0 as the Cerebral Players. If I win the super bye, I'm keeping that good luck name. If not, time for the Students of the Game!

DRGN LRD 1213

Post 2010-10-20, 09:58 by DRGN LRD 1213

HAHA Start sizeing your tux now mills! How long are wee keeping the avatar changes??? week, month?

Post 2010-10-20, 10:40 by Guest

A month seems painful enough.

DRGN LRD 1213

Post 2010-10-20, 10:41 by DRGN LRD 1213

K So the change goes for a month.

Post 2010-10-20, 10:44 by Guest

Does the Tux cost points?

DRGN LRD 1213

Post 2010-10-20, 10:44 by DRGN LRD 1213

Nope I think there are three to choose from, black, white, and not sure the other.

Post 2010-10-20, 10:47 by Guest

Not that I'll be wearing one anyway....

DRGN LRD 1213

Post 2010-10-20, 10:48 by DRGN LRD 1213

You better try that bitch on!

Not that I am worried about it but more because I am curious..... what exactly does one need to do to zombie up ones avatar?

Post 2010-10-20, 11:31 by Guest

I just went with the pale white skin. Blacked out eyes with red pupils. There's a mouth that looks like it's moaning. There's some wrinkle options that made it look like decay a tiny bit.

1fnbighen

Post 2010-10-20, 18:00 by 1fnbighen

playoff run time! ai is bout to get upset by the dick!

speakeasy jocks week 7 GOY06QEaLwr

(pickle pony)

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum