New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Speakeasy Jocks week 5

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Once again, I apologize for the Blog being so late, but as promised I will have it up early thursday, even though it's after waivers.

So far injuries have played a big part this year with guys like Ryan Grant, Micheal Vick, Mike Bush, Beanie Wells, and even Andre Johnson are giving owners headaches trying to scramble to keep play makers in their line-ups or replacing guys out for the year. Just keep up on your rosters injuries, and if there is a game time decision don't be afraid to bench him and pick someone up so you don't get burned. Personally, I err on the side of caution instead of getting a goose egg in a high scoring position.

Two big trades in the NFL this week, Randy Moss to the Vikings, and Marshawn Lynch to Seattle. Moss may be the deep threat the Vikes need, but Favre has been off the mark so far, so this trade could go either way. Lynch to the 'Hawks, he just became their best RB and may be worth a look if you need a RB.
On to the recaps.

Mudshovlers vs. DRGNLRD1213

Mud.-93.44
DL-80.80

Closer game than it looks, if DL played Addai over Forte, the out come would have been different. Other wise it was a pretty straight forward match. Maybe once DL's guys come back from byes, he'll start winning again. DL, keep an eye out on Rice, since the Vikes picked up Moss, they may be more concerned about Rice coming than they say.

Braaaaaains vs. Operation Doomsday

Bra.-89.14
OpD.-72.56

If D didn't have bad luck, he wouldn't have any. Two guys on his roster get hurt mid-game, and one guy was limited due to injury. That can seriously hurt a fantasy score. Gates won the game for Braa., 26.4 from a TE will win you games. Braaaaaains, sit Brandon Jackson, a converted FB is the starter in GB, and Jackson just can't produce the numbers of a decent RB, stick with Mattews and Johnson. Jackson will have one good game this year, but I wouldn't hope week to week for it. D, why do you still have Vincent Jackson, he isn't coming back anytime soon, and will most likely miss the rest of the season? He may get traded (I'm thinking NE) before the deadline, but he may not be worth the roster spot for a hope.

Voltaires Volts vs. Asylum Inmate

Volts-71.18
AI-99.60

This one wasn't even close to begin with. AI is the team to beat in this league, he made good pick-ups, and good decisions so far. Luck always plays a part in Fantasy, but so does foresight. Volt:You have a good team, just not all together good at the same time, just be patient, and keep track of you byes and injuries and you could end up better than you think.

Lil bit of Luck Llama vs. Majora (name of the week) [I gave up]

llama-78.50
Maj-94.78

Moss getting a goose egg didn't hurt Majora. Llama did leave some points on his bench, but i probably would have started the same line-up. Majora, Foster was benched in the 1st quarter for disciplinary reasons (team discipline) this may be factor all season, and they didn't say what he did. Just something to keep an eye on. Llama, WR are always a gamble, some weeks 30, some 2, look at the FA's a see who is available, just get a guy who gets the ball and he will get you points week to week. Now that Big Ben is back in Pitt. Ward will start getting the ball more, so your team is about to start seeing more points soon.

All in all, no real high scoring games, but we can see how everyones teams are starting to shape up.

Week 5 matches

Mudshovlers vs Operation Doomsday

Projected winner: Mudshovlers

Line-ups aren't set yet so it's hard to judge, but D, you have guys out for this week, so just make sure you set your line-up before Sunday or you could lose by default, I wouldn't mind the win, but I don't like winning like that.

Lil bit of Luck Llama vs. Braaaaaains

Projected winner: Braaaaaains

If Llama can fix his WR situation he may be able to get a win here. Braa. does have the better match-ups player wise (Llama does have some tough ones) this game will be closer than projected.

DRGNLRD1213 vs. Asylum Inmate

Projected winner:DL

Torain hasn't been given a point projection yet, so that will change this match. Steelers Def. being on a bye may give AI this one, but DL's line up looks good, and has decent match-ups, plus AI is starting to hit bye weeks and won't have his whole line up every week

Voltaire's Volts vs. Majoras (name of the week)

projected winner: Volts

Volt, I like your team, I think you can win this one. Both team have injuries that need to be kept an eye on. Johnson may be another game time decision so have a back-up plan ready. Collie just didn't practice, but no reason was given. So just keep an eye on it.

Final Thoughts

Just make sure you set up your rosters before Sunday (Duh!)

With byes, you might run into problems with multiple player in the same position, if you get a jump on it now it won't hurt you later, or have to give up star player just to have a full roster.

Injuries are mounting up, if you know some back-ups you'll have the edge on you opponents

There are still very good players in free agency, look through the list position by position, and select [all players] so you can see just where these FA's stack up compared to everyone else

As usual just PM with any comments, suggestions, or hate mail.

Share this post on: reddit

Post 2010-10-07, 10:52 by D

Nice as always. In regard to Jackson he was primed to get dropped this week until the Moss trade went down. I'll hold on to him and see if he makes it over to NE.

ConciliarFox

Post 2010-10-07, 11:00 by ConciliarFox

i have nothing to even back up my crazy claim, it just something I think that will happen.

Post 2010-10-07, 11:08 by D

I read a few things hinting at it yesterday, all loose talk of course but I have the roster space to float him for a couple of more weeks so I'll hold on to him for now.

What are your thoughts about Steve Smith? Aside from week one he's been pretty disappointing to the point that I've left points on the bench since week 2 because I keep starting him.

DRGN LRD 1213

Post 2010-10-07, 11:08 by DRGN LRD 1213

Nice! I always enjoy reading this! I dropped Rice. With the Moss pick up and the fact that they keep pushing his come back date later and later he is looking like a bust this year. It's ok though I think I have a stable field of WR's now.

Good luck with T.O. lama. I feel like he still has a good game or to but I think he will be hit or miss all year.

Post 2010-10-07, 12:10 by D

I thought I'd post this here to help with matchups and stuff:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

Majora1988

Post 2010-10-07, 12:38 by Majora1988

NFL.com said Arian Foster missed a team meeting, and was late for another. Hopefully he learned his lesson from his 1st quarter and most of the second benching.

Post 2010-10-07, 14:05 by D

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/07/todd-collins-will-start-for-the-bears-sunday/

Both my QBs down for the count this week. Good thing I did some waiver related stuff Smile

Post 2010-10-07, 14:29 by Guest

I made some shifts today. Ryan Matthews is available now. The pile of crap...

Post 2010-10-07, 14:35 by D

I saw you picked up Lynch. Good move.

Post 2010-10-07, 14:43 by Guest

I tried to get Tate since Moss is gone. Not sure who got him.

DRGN LRD 1213

Post 2010-10-07, 14:45 by DRGN LRD 1213

lama got him.

DRGN LRD 1213

Post 2010-10-07, 14:47 by DRGN LRD 1213

Holy crap D you have 4 QB's

Post 2010-10-07, 14:52 by D

Yeah it's crazy, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Post 2010-10-07, 15:06 by Guest

2 of which are hurt this week. Did you get Cutler's backup? I can't remember his name. Bradford was available earlier. He's solid. But he may be gone now.

Post 2010-10-07, 15:10 by D

Cutler's back up isn't an option.

I picked up Shaun Hill and Mark Sanchez, not sure who I'm starting yet though.

Post 2010-10-07, 15:24 by Guest

The Jets host Minnesota. I'd play Shaun Hill. The Rams D isn't great.

Post 2010-10-07, 15:26 by D

I'm leaning towards Shaun Hill I got Sanchez just for the hell of it lol.

Post 2010-10-07, 15:31 by Guest

I'm not high on Sanchez.

1fnbighen

Post 2010-10-07, 16:14 by 1fnbighen

3 of my fucking running backs are hurt now, up to you ld

im about to scrap this week to pick up some people any suggestions fox

not scrap, but not care about my missing wr

Post 2010-10-07, 16:18 by Guest

I play you don't I Henry? If so, scrap away.

1fnbighen

Post 2010-10-07, 16:23 by 1fnbighen

youd win even if i dint scrap... lol

Post 2010-10-07, 16:26 by D

Scrap? You mean lose on purpose?

Post 2010-10-07, 16:28 by Guest

Possibly not fill spots to avoid dropping good players that are injured or on a bye most likely.

1fnbighen

Post 2010-10-07, 16:29 by 1fnbighen

no i mean im not going to lose one of my wide recievers or running backs to have a full playing starting team, hence not dropping ward or tate or pats d or moreno or mcfadden or bradshaw

1fnbighen

Post 2010-10-07, 16:30 by 1fnbighen

exactaly zombie. right? zombie is spartan maybe?

Post 2010-10-07, 17:00 by Guest

Yes sir. Give us a week and you'll have to figure us out again. =)

Mod Detective = Zombee
Mod-E-Faces = D

1fnbighen

Post 2010-10-07, 17:37 by 1fnbighen

i know i just cant see it on the blog

Last edited by 1fnbighen on 2010-10-07, 18:16; edited 1 time in total

Post 2010-10-07, 18:10 by Guest

gotcha. But we post all over. I thought maybe you saw us earlier.

1fnbighen

Post 2010-10-07, 18:15 by 1fnbighen

lol hadnt though bout it till now

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum