New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Speakeasy Blog week 6

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Okay, running late with everything has been an issue lately, but I do promise get back on track soon. I have been lurking around the boards here, so I have seen Hen's topic (by the time I got to it everyone has given an answer already, i figured mine was a little late.) As you all have noticed by now this is when the season really starts. Injuries, luck, drafting choices (good and bad) are starting to affect your team. Now come some tough decisions. Look at your roster, if you like your team I suggest stay the course and be patient and if a FA pops up that you can use, get him. If your injury plagued, you may have to make a move: meaning a trade, your best guy to fill in some much needed slots. A good example: My buddy's team was pretty bad, he was 0-2 with about 100 total scored. (BTW his team was THE example of poor drafting) After Week 2 he called me to ask me what I thought about his team, and I gave him an honest assessment and told him his best player was Aaron Rodgers and to fill his needs at RB and WR he would need to trade him. That never happened, some FA on the market worked out for him, but he did do a trade that didn't really work out, but allowed him some space to make moves over the next week, since then he's gone 2-1. ( There is alittle bit more involved in the story, but you see where I go with this.) So really look at what you got and decide where you stand, each manager can only do that for himself. For me, I've had some bad luck so far, but I like my team and may jump on someone if I can, but I choose to hold course, this game really is a matter of luck sometimes. (In four leagues so far I'm, 4-1, 4-1, 3-2, and in our league 2-3)

Recaps

On a whole it was a lowing scoring week, meaning, other players where getting points, so look and see who they are.

Mudsholvers-62.12
Operation Doomsday-90.68

Remember what I said about my luck, D had two 0's on his bench, and I still lost. The rest of D's roster had good games, Nicks had 25, Hill had 21.98, and Megatron had 11.4. So D's roster picked up some slack for him. in the end, it was all about the match-ups.

Braaaaaains-114.54
Lil bit of luck Llama-94.96

Braaa. players had field days this week, and he could have had more points if he started McCoy, but with his injury status, I see why he was on the bench. Llama, your starting to get it I see, but watch those bye weeks, starting Smith wouldn't have won you the game but next time it may lose you the game.

DRGNLRD1213-110.04
Asylum Inmates-67.16

This was kind of a rout, AI couldn't have done much to change the outcome. DL, consider keeping Moore on the bench, Brees like to share the ball, and thats not good for a wide receiver, look at Fitzgerald and Edwards, they are the go-to guys on their teams, they will always get the ball in a game.

Voltaires Volts-73.66
Majoras (name of the week)-97.54

This game was decided by Malcolm Floyd. Take him out and Volts wins. Volt, you have 2, (look at the stats) I mean 2 top 3 QBs. In other words, you have two out of the three scoring QBs in the league. You can't start both, but you have some trade fodder to fill in some needs at WR and RB. Just a thought for you.

Before I go in to this weeks Projections I want to say this:
I'm glad to everyone having fun with this. Yes, it can be a frustrating, but in the end it makes sundays much more fun. BTW, if you haven't heard, Big Ben is back.

Week 6 Projections

Mudshovlers vs. Lil bit of Luck Llama

This is projected to be close,(with the edge to llama) but we know how that can go. Llama, sit Moreno start Tomlinson. No matter what, Tomlinson has the better match-up, and Moreno may not play this week (he hasn't practiced yet), and I would start Seattle's Def over NE's, Sea. plays Chicago, and Chi. offensive line has been, well, offfensive. Your bound to get more sacks from Sea. because of Da Bears horrible line. Just a thought. ( I should stop giving advice to may opponent, I might win more Laughing )

Braaaaaains vs. Voltaires Volts

Highest scoring game of the week??? Projected to be. With edge to Braaaaaains. Both line-ups look good so far, Br. had the batter match-ups (Gates against the Rams!?!?!). Volt: keep an eye on Collie, after the injury reports come out on Friday, you might want put him in for any of you WR's. Brs: You could have some trade fodder in you QB position.

Operation Doomsday vs. Asylum Inmates

This is projected to be a blowout in AI's favor. Match-ups do favor AI, but if D makes some changes he'll definitely do better. D: Finley is out 8-10 weeks, so I would start Lewis and drop Finley, by the time he's back we'll be getting into playoff time. Thats if he comes back this year (the Packers have some major roster issues due to injury), and you have Cutler at home against Sea, I would start Cutler over Hill any day of the week, plus Seattle has been pretty bad on the road this year (but killer at home). AI: Once again I have nothing to say, you do have trade fodder, but have no real holes anywhere (Brees should bounce back soon, but if he doesn't, you can have the ability to make some serious moves)

DRGNLRD1213 vs Majora (name of the week)

DL gets the favorite in this one. No real changes need to be made on either team, DL: Like I said before about Moore, he will be up and down all year, really look into getting a WR that will get the ball no matter what. Maj: For some reason your TE's concern me, SF has been implosive this year and although Davis gets the ball, he's not getting as many TD's, don't bench him, but look around in case something bad happens (I'm getting a funny feeling)

Before I'm Done:

Vincent Jackson will report to the Chargers by the end of the month and will start after he reports (around 10/31, if not sooner). So he will affect the value of every SD player out there, keep an eye this everyone, I will have more for you as more comes out.

As usual, PM me for anything

PPS- I will not be home all weekend, I'll be at my sisters wedding, but I will check in here often as I can so PMing me would be much better if you need anything.

Share this post on: reddit

Majora1988

Post 2010-10-14, 12:35 by Majora1988

Malcolm Floyd is my new best friend.

As for TEs, you are right, Vernon Davis has been the only bright spot on the otherwise horrid 49ers, but I just don't have the same bad feeling. I know I'm making kind of a homer pick with Carlson as my backup, but I don't really expect to play him but one week.

1fnbighen

Post 2010-10-14, 12:42 by 1fnbighen

lol i woke up too late to start smith. glad i lost by that much lol

should i start clark against wash or miller against san fran

ConciliarFox

Post 2010-10-14, 12:51 by ConciliarFox

tough call, either or could work out. Clark is manning go-to guy in panic situations, but I'm leaning towards miller. Just because I think Rothlisberger wants to come out and make statement.

ConciliarFox

Post 2010-10-14, 12:54 by ConciliarFox

@Majora, I can't explain it really, a team like SF having problems like theirs really sets off my spider senses. I just think something is gonna give. I maybe completely wrong. It really wasn't anything serious.

1fnbighen

Post 2010-10-15, 19:10 by 1fnbighen

miller is from the raiders. right? sorry i didnt mention that

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum