New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Speakeasy week 8

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

This week in footballsaw some big upsets, hurt QBs, and guys we never heard of make some plays. Aweird week in the NFL equals a weird week in a fantasy, Buffalo put up somepoints (but not Spiller), CJ2K reallyhad a quiet week in the romp of Philly, and TD’s that weren’t TD’s, and vice-versa. Needless to say,if your team needs a little help, look to some FA’s, there are plenty of goodones left out there.

RECAPS

Mudsholvers-92.30
Voltaires Volts-72.12

Volt was the victim of bye weeks, and lack of production. He’llbe in better shape after the bye.

Braaaaaains-95.26
DRGNLRD-61.36

DL, another victim a production-less team. If Romo stayedin, maybe he could have stolen a win with an Romo-Austin connection.

Operation Doomsday-93.03
Majoras Cerebral Players-113.16

Drivers goose egg wasn’t what killed D, it was Majora’scomputer picked team.

Asylum Inmates-119.56
Lil Bit of Luck Llama-118.08

The two highest scoring teams this week, too bad the secondloses. Llama could have put anybody infrom the bench and won, but I probably would have gone with the same line-up.AI continues to prove he is the team to beat.

If the recaps seem a little short, it’s the fact that there much to say now thateveryone has gotten the hang of who to start and the fact that there has beenno real surprises in fantasy in a while

Before I get to predictions this week, I’mgonna try something new.

Guys I like:
QuaterBacks

Peyton Manning: Last time he played Houston, Indy lost buthe still was good for over 400 yards, and 3Tds

Matthew Stafford: Hasn’t played since week 1, I’m sure he’slooking to take out frustration on the ‘Skins at home

Running Backs

Frank Gore: With Alex Smith out, a new QB, and a weak Defwith Denver this week, Gore is looking good for some huge points. Also, VernonDavis could be in for a big day.

LaDanian Tomlinson: GB’s run Def. has been on the verge ofanemic this year, plus the Jets are a run first team, and they’re a run firstteam

Wide Receivers

Roy Williams: Roy Williams best season was in 2006 with over1300yds and 7TDs, his QB that year? Jon Kitna

Dez Bryant: He was the one player playing with energy afterRomo was taken out, and had 2TD’s receiving with Kitna at QB

Danny Amendola: Anytime the Panthers come to town, you knowit’s gonna be a good fantasy day.

Tight Ends

Vernon Davis: See above (Frank Gore)

Chris Cooley: McNabb likes TE’s, and Detroit’s problems atLB could lead to a big day for Cooley.

Kickers

Nick Folk: GB has had some close games, so I’m sure the Jetswill take any points they can get, plus if it’s close at the end, there may bea loooong GW field goal.

Defense
Titans: SD is bleeds in ST, and were they give up the most points
Patriots: Brett Farve likes to throw INTS, even if he sitsTavaris Jackson isn’t much better.

Predictions

Last week I said:

1)I expect the Giants to be in Dallas's backfield all day.-I was right, too bad you don’t get points for maiming QBs

2) Br, is due for another loss, DL is due for a win. I'mgoing with DL, Johnson is going against and Eagle's Def. that is very stingygiving yards, and McCoy won't fare better against Ten. (That will be a lowscoring game) I do like Forte's and Charles's match-up, my only concern is Romoand Austin, if Romo is on his back a lot (which he will be) that will slow downthe 'Boys passing attack, and whatever they do get will be called back by apenalty. – I picked the wrong winner, but damn it if wasn’t right on everything else. I did miss on the lowing scoring game though

3) Majora will be changing his name again after this week.-Wow,another mis-pick,0-2 so far.

4)AI's team is too good, he just has too many play makersfor me to go against him, but everybody still has a shot every week. Llama canpull this out if AI's players have a bad week, but with the bye it will betough. Starting Moreno will help for this week, you will be short a kicker thisweek. Picking one up will help you more than hurt you. – Finally, picked awinner!! I was right with Moreno, and the kicker.

So far 1-2 (2-2 if I count my game, and I don’t, it’s notfair), not bad considering

This week is a rematch of week 1 match-ups, after this weekit’ll be the same match-up from week 1 to week 7 again.

Mudshovlers vs. Braaaaaains

Mud. Won the first week, and gave Br, their only loss forthe year. I don’t pick my games. But this game will be dependent on how the SD vs.Tenn game goes.

Operation Doomsday vs. DRGNLRD1213

DL won their first meeting, and he’ll win their secondmeeting. D is in bye week hell, and I’m sure he has some moves ready but whoeverhe gets it won’t help him win the game. He’ll need a big overhaul in hisline-up to pull this out.

Voltaires Volts vs.Lil bit of Luck Llama

Llama won the first time. Volt will win this time, if hegets a Defense. I like Williams sincehim and Kitna go a long way. Oh yeah, Jones will get the ball, ALOT.

Asylum Inmates vs. Majoras Cerebral Players

AI won in week 1 because Majors started the wrong guys. Thisweek, AI will lose because Majora starts the right players.

Any comment, complaints, or anything else PM me

Share this post on: reddit

Majora1988

Post 2010-10-27, 15:20 by Majora1988

Uh oh. I got picked to win... Guess I'll be changing my name this week, XD.

DRGN LRD 1213

Post 2010-10-27, 15:23 by DRGN LRD 1213

Big D goin down!!!!!!!!! Going get the DRGN wrath this week baby!

Post 2010-10-27, 15:30 by Guest

I haven't messed with my team this week yet. I need to get over there and see the damage.

Post 2010-10-27, 15:31 by D

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:Big D goin down!!!!!!!!! Going get the DRGN wrath this week baby!
We'll just have to wait and see bout DAT!!!

DRGN LRD 1213

Post 2010-10-27, 15:32 by DRGN LRD 1213

O ma boyz goin ta be hungry this week! Going to eat up some nuclear DOOMSDAY!!!!!!

Post 2010-10-27, 15:37 by Guest

Ok, I went over and stopped the bleeding. This is a tough week for me. Many key players on my roster are on a bye week.

DRGN LRD 1213

Post 2010-10-27, 15:39 by DRGN LRD 1213

Mills! Your projected at 108 pts and you call it a tuff week! Well with all love of a brother!!! Fuck you! HAHA

Post 2010-10-27, 15:48 by Guest

lol... Chris Johnson is always projected to get 30ish points. In reality, he gets 3ish. Hopefully he has success against SD.

DRGN LRD 1213

Post 2010-10-27, 15:49 by DRGN LRD 1213

Johnson is hit or miss no in between with that guy!

Post 2010-10-27, 15:51 by Guest

He kinda pisses me off. I have backs that could see some time and get more points, but how do you bench a guy projected to get 30 points?!?!?

DRGN LRD 1213

Post 2010-10-27, 15:56 by DRGN LRD 1213

forte is like that for me. dude will 30 plus pts then get 3 grrrrrr

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum