New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Speakeasy fantasy week 2

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

I hope everyone had a good first week. I would have had this out sooner, but between my original blog being deleted before I finished and a new game (not Reach, it's Kingdom Hearts:Birth by Sleep) this kinda kept getting put on the back-burner well down to business.

Everyone should have already looked at their line-ups for this week: Remember you can change your line-up at anytime until a game starts. Official NFL injury reports come out on Friday so check them out if you can, there will be still some gametime desicions, so just keep an eye on your roster.

If some of back-ups had good games, keep an eye on them, unless it was Peyton Manning (Voltaire). Week 1 is always a little hard to judge or predict so don't freak out yet if you team didn't produce much, unless you have injured guys my suggestion would be to hold tight for another week. Just because Ray Rice had a slow week doesn't mean it will be like that all season.

On to the recaps:

Mudshovlers vs. Braaaaaains

Mud.- 90.32
Br.- 87.72

Game decided by a fumble. Very close game, a couple of line-up differences would have changed the outcome, but don't read too much into it.

Operation Doomsday vs. DRGNLRD1213

Op D.- 89.68
DL.- 94.28

Another close game, and another line-up change would have made a difference, but benching S.Smith (Car.) isn't a normal move, but it did work out with Nicks huge day. DL: Grant is officially out for the season, time to look for another RB for back-up, but I suggest Charles to start for you.

Voltaires Volts vs. Yo Mamas Llama

VV.-45.54
Llama.-77.90

Good outing by both rookies, some mistakes made, but all together a good match. Volt: Start Peyton Manning. It wouldn't have helped you here, but Manning should always be started, I think it's a cosmic rule or something. Llama: Spiller burned alot of people this week, watch his match-ups for a good day to start him.

Asylum Inmates vs. Majora's Fighting Ethics

AI-90.48
MFE-49.48

Asylum showed of his experience in setting up the best possible line-up, good show Ol' Chap! Majora: I had Foster on my bench too (another league), and I know the pain of a breakout game, and it doesn't help you. Good News, you now know he will be used, so start him over Shonn Greene.

Week 1 awards:

Sleeper of the week:Arian Foster-231yds 3TDs, need I say more

Bust of the week:CJ Spiller- all that build-up, all that excitement, all that disappointment

OH CRAP!!!:Favorite phrase as said by Ryan Grant owners

That's gotta Hurt!: If you saw Leonard Weavers knee bend BACKWARDS, then you know what I mean

Week 2 preview

Asylum Inmates vs. Braaaaaains

Early projections (they will change through out the week) favor Braaaaaains so far and so do the match-ups. Braaaaaains has D.Jackson vs Det. (good match-up, but Vick will be QB now) Eagles Def vs. Det with Shaun Hill at QB (INTs might good for this week) Inmate: yours can go either way, Brees and Bush @SF might be good, or if SF took the wake-up call, it could be very though. Your only concern could be Welker @ the Jets, but you shouldn't have to many issues as Revis will be matched up against Moss.

Operation Doomday vs. Voltaire Volts

Operation D is the early favorite and with good match-ups may take the game. So far both line-ups look good, just keep up on injuries and both of you should be good. Volt and Op.D: One of you will get your first win this week, and no matter what projections say, it can either way and if you see a good free agent for any position, grab him.

DRGNLRD1213 vs. Yo Mamas Llama

Earlt Favorite is DL.DL: Drop Grant, he's gone for the season. Grab his back-up Brandon Jackson, but start Jamaal Charles he is the next Steven Jackson (good RB on a bad team, otherwise the entire offense). Keep an eye on the McNabb-Santana Moss connection, McNabb likes him, and if you get a good match-up... Llama:Sit Spiller, GB has one of the best run defenses, start Stewart against run challenged TB.

Mudshovlers vs. Majora's Fighting Ethics

Majora is the favorite this week. Good match-ups so far, good line-ups too. Don't let Det. Def fool you!!! They stopped Forte 4 times at the 1-yard line, preventing a TD, they maybe weak at CB but they are a solid defense. Majora: Just keep an eye on your injuries, with Kolb and Forte. Note to self: May need to trade a WR Speakeasy fantasy week 2 Icon_cool .

I look forward to another fun week, and this time I'll be around to enjoy more of the banter. Any comment, suggestions, hatemail, send them my way. Keep in mind everybody has an opinion, and some may even be good (includes my own). I you think different, it's your team do what you want.

Last edited by ConciliarFox on 2010-09-16, 16:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left it out)

Share this post on: reddit

Post 2010-09-15, 17:50 by D

Nice write up and yeah benching Smith was a mistake, I was wary of the arm injury but I won't make that mistake again.

Looking forward to this weekend.

1fnbighen

Post 2010-09-15, 17:54 by 1fnbighen

can we get awards for this week?

and fuck im up against someone who knows what theyre doing... at least hes not back yet. he will scramble. its actually projected to be within 3 points. can we also get projections if its not to much.
btw im might drop stewart for a certain r teams runningback

ConciliarFox

Post 2010-09-15, 18:06 by ConciliarFox

I'll put the projections back in next week. Awards I can do. Sleeper of the week, bust of the week. I didn't get to the computer fast enough award, Oh Crap!!, I'll add them in a edit tomorrow.

1fnbighen

Post 2010-09-15, 18:18 by 1fnbighen

awesome.

Post 2010-09-15, 18:53 by Guest

As usual, you know your stuff Fox. Revenge will come later in the season for you though...

Post 2010-09-15, 20:58 by D

I recommend a "Shit the bed award" also.

Majora1988

Post 2010-09-16, 16:34 by Majora1988

I think I'd be a lock for the Shit the Bed award last week, XD!

You give advice Fox, so good I took it before you gave it ^_^!

I dropped Kolb for Matt Ryan, and am currently attempting to get a Back-Up WR. I appreciate this blog, it's pretty cool, and I do appreciate the advice given. Hopefully Foster doesn't follow up his break-out week last week with a lack-luster performance.

In hindsight, should definitely not started Shonne Greene against the Raven's D.

Majora1988

Post 2010-09-16, 16:39 by Majora1988

Also, I decided my bad luck last week was caused by my team name. Go Possession Receivers!

ConciliarFox

Post 2010-09-17, 16:07 by ConciliarFox

It's still early yet. Foster was on my bench too, I still would have lost in that game anyway, but I'm hoping he keeps going too

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum